What's new

Another "mixing Old Spice" thread...

I have a bottle of "New vintage" from 1993 when P and G had already taken over. It smells phenomenal. The top notes right out of the bottle are a strong cinnamon and clove.

I wore that on one arm with some new stock on the other arm. After 4 or 5 hours, the old stuff mellowed to the point where I couldnt tell the difference.

If I mix that 50/50 with the new, could I still keep the top notes since everything else is the same?

I tried this with the vi-jon stuff and got a similar result. The vi-jon stuff smells okay, but the 20 to 30 year old OS is absolutely stunning. I get compliments because of it

I would have to hunt up the thread to confirm, but I seem to recall reading on here that a mixture of the Vi-Jon Spice with the current Old Spice cologne--70/30--yielded a spot-on resemblance to vintage Old Spice aftershave.

I would have to hunt up the thread to confirm, but I seem to recall reading on here that a mixture of the Vi-Jon Spice with the current Old Spice cologne--70/30--yielded a spot-on resemblance to vintage Old Spice aftershave.
I actually did do that. I hunted down a bottle and mixed them up. I would say it is close. But I cant help but feel it's watered down.

I thought if I mixed the same cologne that has the same formula (with one being the aged and better smelling) will concoct more of it

Top Bottom