What's new

Animal welfare - Horse hair v Boar brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never use a nylon brush. Over hunting of nylons has rendered the once ubiquitous breed increasingly rare as they typically don't do well in captivity. The Dark-tipped Beige Nylon, which once roamed freely in temperate climates like the U.S. and most of Europe have been nearly depleted by irresponsible harvesting by brush makers. This has led the Chinese to begin harvesting the rare White-tipped Nylons or "Tuxedo Nylons". What makes this worse is that these nylons are not treated well and have no other use except for their fur. Since these nylons will die without their fur to protect them, even when they are shaved, as some suppliers claim, their death is only prolonged.

I want no part of this slaughter. Give me a badger or boar any day.

I would never use a nylon brush. Over hunting of nylons has rendered the once ubiquitous breed increasingly rare as they typically don't do well in captivity. The Dark-tipped Beige Nylon, which once roamed freely in temperate climates like the U.S. and most of Europe have been nearly depleted by irresponsible harvesting by brush makers. This has led the Chinese to begin harvesting the rare White-tipped Nylons or "Tuxedo Nylons". What makes this worse is that these nylons are not treated well and have no other use except for their fur. Since these nylons will die without their fur to protect them, even when they are shaved, as some suppliers claim, their death is only prolonged.

I want no part of this slaughter. Give me a badger or boar any day.

I hear that. I have similar concerns about keeping Sheas on factory farms to milk them for Shea butter. What's next, hamster butter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom