What's new

AndroiDad75's Journal to Better Penmanship

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I try to remember and put on latex gloves before I do a refill. I always have a box in the kitchen to keep onion and garlic stink off my hands when I'm chopping them.

Inky fingers are a badge of honor. Okay, maybe I just think that because in the book 1984 it was mentioned that ink stained fingers could be a sign of non-conformity.

I haven't updated in a bit, so I just wanted to stop in and say that I am still working on the circle /straight line Palmer exercises. I'm getting pretty tired of that, so I am going to try some of the letter exercises soon.

I also have a pen pal, whom I owe a letter, and a couple others who said it would be OK for me to send some letters to.

I just keep plugging away.

I am probably going to try to find a site that has some different examples on how to write the different letters, for both cursive and printing. Sort of like looking at fonts.

I haven't updated in a bit, so I just wanted to stop in and say that I am still working on the circle /straight line Palmer exercises. I'm getting pretty tired of that, so I am going to try some of the letter exercises soon.

I also have a pen pal, whom I owe a letter, and a couple others who said it would be OK for me to send some letters to.

I am probably going to try to find a site that has some different examples on how to write the different letters, for both cursive and printing. Sort of like looking at fonts.

If you find any good resources for different letter styles, definitely share that info? There are a couple letters which I'm not at all happy with in my writing, I'd love to find alternatives, and none I've found were any better so far. lol

I think you have a penpal who owes you a letter too... I just can't remember if he's sent you one or not. :blush:

If you find any good resources for different letter styles, definitely share that info? There are a couple letters which I'm not at all happy with in my writing, I'd love to find alternatives, and none I've found were any better so far. lol

I am not having much luck, but If I do I'll share.

Most people will not open their "O"...the width is smaller than the heigth, this looking more like an oval racetrack. The number 8 is another fine example.

So do I want it open or not open? I think I confused myself, which is easy to do :lol:

Hey guys, I wasn't trying to say I wasn't getting letters. Heck I was just glad a few of you were willing to write me letters :lol:

It's been a while since I have been able to update this thread. Real life has gotten in the way of a few things, my practicing of using my FP's is one of those.

Hopefully, things are going to get back to somewhat normal, so that should rectify things.

Yesterday I got 4 letters out to those of you who sent me a letter, but never got a response. Sorry about that.

It was good practice, although I still grip the pen with a super death grip, and my hand starts to cramp. I'll have to work on that.

I was able to get another letter out today with a PIF I was sending.

I'll be starting back up my journal tonight, hopefully, as well.

Totally with you, man. I haven't picked up my dip pen in quite awhile. My McCafferys is probably goo by now.

Top Bottom