What's new

Ancient Ocean Jasper

Anyone have any experience with the Ancient Ocean Jasper stones? Wanted to see if they are any good for straight razor finishers?

A jasper? Or some other Jnat? I use a SG20k as my finisher currently, but was wondering if there was anything better?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Try a Ozuku...they can be found cheap...the smaller ones. Excellent finishers. So many options. I use Thuri's , surgical black Arkansas , and jnats. Have fun...good luck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This would be a great start. There's some cheaper on the site. Take care
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For the money he asks you can buy a labelled escher.. Or a labelled la lune... Or a million different types of jnat... Or a branded norton or pike hard or translucent arkansas... Basically anything with a proven pedigree (provided youbget the jnat from a reputable seller) and proven resale value

Where do you learn about the different types of JNATs was so confused when looking at the sites.

Also only looking for something that would create a better final edge than my SG20k.

Now that's something hard to answer for anyone as now you you have to give your definition of better. Do you just mean finer scratches under a scope, smoother? I mean, a bunch of people would probably rather shave off of things that look worse under the scope than what the 20k gives.

Are there any universally accepted best stones to own for a straight razor? A good balance of sharp and comfortable? Good values?

I have used agates.
I got a few different ones and they all give a very shaveable edge but some are better than other.
That small one here is the one that gave me the best result. I picked it up at a flea market in France.
Agate.jpeg

Top Bottom