What's new

Amber advice

I'm looking for recommendations. I have no amber in my collection, which just seems wrong.

I'm considering:

Amber Sultan
Amber Precieux
Amber Russe
Amber 114

The Art of Shaving has an excellent cologne with amber!

The Art of Shaving oud friedellko bourbon amber january 2 2022.jpg

I have the last three in your list and would love to acquire a bottle from the original batch of Ambre Sultan.

In addition I also have Rania J Ambre Loup and MFK Grand Soir. To me Grand Soir seems a bit formal and I don't wear it too often. Ambre Loup would be my choice between these two.

@web365ster, if you get a strong urge for Ambre 114 and you're in the US, send me a PM. I have at least one backup and I'd make you a great deal.

Haven't tried any on your list but I really like MFK Grand Soir. Mostly an evening scent for me in cooler weather.

Amber Sultan is great on me. Very long lasting. When I wear it I have this strong desire to go to a very high end restaurant. LOL!!

Groomiing Dept recently added an Amber Rose scent to their lineup. It is in the superb revised DonkeyBase formulation. Amber Rose was made exclusively for West Coast Shaving. It is a beautiful scent and the soap provided a wonderful shave. I am glad I added the soap to my collection. There is also a matching aftershave which is free from alcohol, witch hazel, and menthol. Normally, I do not purchase aftershaves, but I made an exception in this case.

Here are a few really ambery fragrances I like…

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir
Serge Lutens Chergui
Penhaligon’s The Tragedy of Lord George
Histories De Parfums Ambre 114

I've been trying to sample a lot of Amber fragrances this winter, and I really liked Ambre Sultan and Ambre Russe from your list. I'm not a fan of sweet scents, so these were perfect for me. Sultan is really beautiful and lasts all day for me. Russe I thought was a little rough at first, but I've liked it more every time I wear it. I like how it's got some boozy elements, but vodka and champagne vs the usual whiskey or rum you see a lot of. Also really enjoyed Amouage Interlude Man, Etat Libre d'Orange Rien and Comme des Garcones Black as well.

Top Bottom