What's new

Alum & Thayers

i use alum and it appears to resolve any weepers, if i get any. then i'll add some aftershave. i've not tried Thayers, and don't see a need to, at this time.

there's always a plan B

Cold water rinse
Gentlemen Jon's Alum Block
Leave on about 30 seconds
Cold water rinse
Splash on Thayers Unscented Alcohol Free WH
Let dry
ASB or ASL or both.

I did Alum, Thayers Original w/Aloe and finished with Proraso Red AS. Amazing combo. The Thayers was great right after I cold rinsed the alum off.

Spiez

I use both after shaving. I first use the alum on my wet face. Then after a few minutes I splash fresh water on my face. I dry that off and splash on the Thayers. I use the cucumber, super medicated or peach depending on my mood.
That's funny, I have the same exact Thayer's witch hazel in my house. I keep the Cucumber in the fridge and feels great on really hot days.

I know most people ask what the point is in using both alum and Thayer's. The thing is, many of the Thayer's have protective or moisturizing properties. So I can see the benefit of using both at the same time.

Others use regular drug store or other brands of witch hazel and is fine for toning, but I prefer Thayer's because it has some other things in it to make my face feel great.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Top Bottom