What's new

Alternatives to B&B Essential Boars?

So I missed the boat on these and was wondering if there are any Omega brushes that are the same/similar. I had a look around and it doesn't look as if Omega produce any 22 mm undyed/unbleached boar knots at a loft of 54 mm.

In essence it's the same knot as the 10066, which is a knot Omega also uses in the 10005, the 11137, and a handful of other models. I like the shape of the 10066 handle myself, but it's not as substantial as that of the B&B boar. I did have Rudy Vey put a couple of 10066 knots into some custom handles some years back and used them for a long time.

The closest thing currently available that I know of is the Omega 11137.

omega-11137-1.png

Did you check is WCS still has any?

I did. Sold out and they said no plans to restock.

It's not 22mm (24mm instead) but I thought these were the Omega 10066. 🤔
In essence it's the same knot as the 10066, which is a knot Omega also uses in the 10005, the 11137, and a handful of other models. I like the shape of the 10066 handle myself, but it's not as substantial as that of the B&B boar. I did have Rudy Vey put a couple of 10066 knots into some custom handles some years back and used them for a long time.
The closest thing currently available that I know of is the Omega 11137.

View attachment 1238020

Thanks for the info and recommendations. I’ll look into the 11137 and 10066.

Check Zenith boar brushes also. Very nice & soft, fine bristles similar to the B&B Essential boar.

Semogue 1470 imho is closer to the B&B Omega than any other Omega I've tried. It's a 21/50.

Thank you for the recommendations. I have both of those brushes and they are great, but still looking for the B&B Essential because of the unique handle shape.

@cantona7 Once you get 50 posts, think about starting a WTB thread in the BST. That's probably the best way to get one.

Yup, I beginning to think the same thing!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
There has got to be someone here that is sitting on a couple and may consider moving one along. I think a WTB post is the way to go.

So I missed the boat on these and was wondering if there are any Omega brushes that are the same/similar. I had a look around and it doesn't look as if Omega produce any 22 mm undyed/unbleached boar knots at a loft of 54 mm.
If you would like I’ll PIF you a Torga C5 Premium Boar Brush. It is a 24/50 knot with nice tips and scrubby without a lot of scritch. I’m traveling but will be back in about 10 days and can clean it and send it to you. If your interested just message me and we will work out the shipping info.

If you would like I’ll PIF you a Torga C5 Premium Boar Brush. It is a 24/50 knot with nice tips and scrubby without a lot of scritch. I’m traveling but will be back in about 10 days and can clean it and send it to you. If your interested just message me and we will work out the shipping info.

Thank you for the very generous offer; I really appreciate it. I actually already have the Semogue Torga C5 in my den; it’s a great brush, but I need to put more uses on it so it breaks in.

Top Bottom