What's new

Ah ha ! The Vision Adjustment is highly adjustable !!!

I read this post many moons ago, but didn't want to adjust my new vision on entry to a new world of DE shaving. But I really felt the need today to adjust the thing to get it working better. There were two things concerning me about my vision. Firstly, it has always had a slightly wobbly set of doors, so the blade might not have been held firmly enough. Secondly it's range of adjustment has shrunk so that I can no longer expose the blade as much as previously. Not that I ever exposed the blade so much.

Anyway, it's now adjusted so that:
1. The blade is firmly held by the razor.
2. When the blade is least exposed, it is not exposed at all! Great for protecting the blade from damage when in transit?
3. Fully adjustable now, but I think that is due to all the fiddling dislodging an old bit of crust from somewhere and not due to any reproducable action on my part.

I've also noticed that my previous preferred setting of N is only just exposing razor blade now and I have re-set the razor to I (between S-I-O not the other I!). So any description of razor settings between users are useless.

Others may have criticised Merkur for creating a razor with so many parts to go wrong, but I like the adjustability and fixability of the thing. As long as it doesn't rust... (Must get some suitable oil for the thing soon.)

Amazing! Did not know that the blades could make the difference in one of these razors. Is there a recommended best blade for the Vision model?

ah!. i used the adjustment.
now my lowest setting on the vision is about the same as on the merkur HD.
highest is like the slicer at the deli:scared: :scared:

anyway. the adjustment does not affect the vision turn ring, but you will have to readjust your setting to a new position since the gap is increased /decreased.
i increased mine. before my playing around, my lowest setting was below the safety bar,i.e. no shave.

btw. when i got this razororiginally and broke it down, i probaly stripped the head of the set screw. did use alittle loctite, so it won't ever come out.:001_tt1: :001_tt1:

ah!. i used the adjustment.
now my lowest setting on the vision is about the same as on the merkur HD.
highest is like the slicer at the deli.
I think you overdid the adjustment. Normally, the Vision goes lower and higher than the other Merkur adjustables. That would put an HD in the middle of the settings. You shifted everything up, so the higher exposures are now a lot higher than intended.

I think you overdid the adjustment. Normally, the Vision goes lower and higher than the other Merkur adjustables. That would put an HD in the middle of the settings. You shifted everything up, so the higher exposures are now a lot higher than intended.

Maybe he wanted it like that? I like mine being at the other end of the extreme. (For now at least.)

Top Bottom