What's new

Aftershaves, artisans or designer, main stream ones?

Hi everyone, your take on the quality of ingredients of artisan aftershaves/splashes (TOBS, Proraso, Stirling, Zingari etc) versus main stream or designer products (Dior, Acqua Di Gio, Calvin Klein, Adidas, Aqua Velva etc). Not taking about EDT, EDT... but strickly aftershaves. Thanks.

I use both mainstream and artisan - and most offerings are a decent product - Mainstream & artisian tend to differ more in their level of refinement. Both camps will have products that are geared more towards scent, others toward skin care, and many that try to get it right on both accords.
I have many many aftershaves - too many ... but aftershaves are the hobby part of shaving for me.
For the most part they all work well, so you'll find something that works well whether you spend a lot or a little.

Ethos has very good ingredients yet I found Old Spice better for me ?

SV Aftershave is the best I have ever used in every way

I find using Neutrogena Hydro Gel after any aftershave superior to any aftershave alone so always use it to make the best result in the end of any AS

Lucky Tiger is a non alcohol tonic that I find amazing for the face and feel and is maybe the best feeling on the face for me at least and is my main one no sting and love that non alcohol feel

in the end for me I will have lucky tiger face tonic as my daily and SV around as my luxury and mid day refresh most likely and maybe some Old Spice because its Old Spice

so SV amazing scent truly above all others and insane good on the face
Lucky Tiger fleeting scent so gets out of the way quickly for putting on cologne

I would say get some SV and try it if I had to have someone choose one that wanted both scent and performance

The small batch artisan juice is going to be more geared towards skin care and less alcohol. Drug store and large company brands will be all about the alcohol and classic scents. I enjoy and use both.

Top Bottom