What's new

Aftershave PIF

Recently, Aftershave forum Steward TheVez2 (KJ) learned that I did not have many aftershaves, and that I was in the yearly restraint, and thus would not be buying any aftershaves until after the new year.

KJ graciously PIF'd me a few Aftershaves. I have had an opportunity to use each of these, and wanted to thank him for being so kind. I also wanted to keep the good vibes going by PIF'ing what I hadn't used of these onto someone else who didn't have much in the way of aftershaves.

First let me tell you what KJ sent me: Old Spice, The Veg, Skinbracer green, Ice Blue AquaVelva, Brut, and Bootleggers Bay Rum.

I really enjoyed the Old Spice. It reminded me of my father, and also left my face clean and refreshed after using it. Its powdery musk scent lingered for about an hour or two and, it paired well with my every day cologne, Tabac EdC. In fact, I used up the Old Spice.

As to the Veg, I will simply say I was not chosen. I could smell its pungent scent on my hands hours later at work, and was somewhat bothered that the ladies in the office would smell this on me.

IceBlue Aqua Velva was probably the favorite aftershave of those that KJ scent me. It has a menthol scented bite that is powdery as well. It left my face well cared for; smooth and tight like I like. Its scent did not linger for more than an hour (which I like) I will purchase more of this when my current aftershaves are gone.

The Brut was what I remembered as a kid. It has a spicy scent, with a bit of a green scent in there as well. It left my face feeling nice, but I probably won't be buying more of this, as it brings back all these memories of being a gangly kid (which I have been trying to repress for quite some time:laugh:)

Bootleggers Bay Rum. I really liked the performance of this stuff. It probably left my face feeling better than any of the others; However, I had never heard of it, so of course I googled it, and found out it is a home made brew conceived by members of B&B (a link to the history is here) How cool is that!

Finally, KJ sent me some plain ol' Skinbracer. I did not like this stuff. To much vanilla scent, and too syrupy for me. However, KJ did send along a note, telling me about how Skinbracer could be mixed with equal parts Osage Rub, to produce Bootleggers Green Freeze. Luckily, I had some Osage Rub, so I did this, and boy what a difference. I loved the Green Freeze. In fact, I ended up making my own Green Freeze. It mixes the conditioning properties of Skinbracer with the freeze of Osage Rub to produce an awesome aftershave.

SO, I am going to PIF what KJ sent me, minus the Old Spice (that I used up) and the Skinbracer. Actually you will get the Skinbracer bottle that KJ sent me, but now it will have Bootleggers Green Freeze in it (I kept half of the Green Freeze concoction for my self in my Osage Rub bottle). In addition, I bought another mystery aftershave to throw in this PIF so that you will receive 6 aftershaves, just like KJ sent me.

What do you have to do to qualify. The rules are somewhat loose. I am hoping that only those folks that do not have any, or very few aftershaves, will apply. Other than that, I only ask that you say "I'm In" and, in honor of the nice gesture KJ made to me, tell us about something kind someone has done for you lately. Finally, If the winner doesn't want or like any of these, I hope he will PIF these along in due course.

This PIF is open to CONUS only because of the alcohol content.

I will keep this open for a week (I hope I don't forget:001_huh:)

Good luck!

Not in Justin, but any chance I can pay you a couple bucks to ship me a sample of the Veg? Have been wanting to try it out before committing (dooming?) myself to a full bottle

Not in Justin, but any chance I can pay you a couple bucks to ship me a sample of the Veg? Have been wanting to try it out before committing (dooming?) myself to a full bottle
nope, just enter the pif.

Wish I could be in but since I'm outside the USPS exclusion zone, I'll just have to dream....

I'm itchin' for some of that Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

I'm in. I'm new to DE wet shaving and don't have a lot of aftershaves.

The nicest thing done for me recently was for forum members to give me advice on how to generate a good foam. After, getting specific instructions, telling where I was going wrong, I was able to realize the necessay elements needed to find a better lather.

Thanks for the offer.

I only have 2 aftershaves and would love to try some others. So, I'm in.
What has someone done nice for me lately? Hmmm... I would have to say the judge when she signed the adoption papers for the almost 3 year old twins we have been fostering since they were around 2 months old.

I'm in, if it's OK. The only modern aftershaves I've tried are Aqua Velva both Ice Blue and Musk and Skin Bracer. I'm very interested in all of what you're offering. I do have to admit my vintage Avon collection is starting to border on ridiculous though.

I'm in. The only AS I have right now is a little Aramis and a few bottles of Florida Water. Someone recently gave me an Amazon Gift Card. I'll be happy to PIF anything I don't like if I win. I'd also add a few items I have around that I don't use anymore that I've been saving to put together a PIF with - a GEM G-Bar, a 5 pack of SE blades, soap, and a synthetic brush.

Not in, as I've got similar taste to KJ when it comes to the old standbys, and thus have plenty of these AS splashes. Awesome PIF. Kudos to both you and KJ, who I would like better if I could understand his bingo games... But that's my problem!

I'm in, thanks for keeping the good vibes going! My single aftershave is looking lonely, so I'm certainly looking to grow the collection. Something kind I experienced this week was the air conditioner repair guys working into the dark to fix my unit. Good thing too because I get the afternoon sun, and my thermometer was reading 105 degrees today!

Top Bottom