What's new

Aftershave Balms as Moisturizer? Bad Idea?

I use the Nivea sensitive balm fairly regularly. One day, I realized, "Hey, this stuff is moisturizing- maybe I should just put a little all over my face". Just wondering- is there stuff in ASBs that wouldn't be good for one's whole face, and just how moisturizing is this stuff, anyhow?

I much prefer the experience of a good splash, but I find them too drying for my skin.

That is all,
-NU

I wouldn't think so, if it is goof for part of your face, can't be bad for the rest right? Simply because of cost, I don't spread my ASB all over. Buy you sure could. If I need to I just use facial moisturizer.

I use Gillette Fusion Hydrasoothe as an ASB and I find it nice and greasy. However , I do get the urge to put on a stinging fragrance of a regular AS, but the Hydrasoothe works particularly well on other parts of the body:001_rolle

My experience is that balms--Nivea especially for me--are good for soothing, but not very moisturizing. I go with the Nivea lotions if I want to use a moisturizer(such as in the cold months we have coming in Michigan) but if I am a little to aggressive or the blade was a little dull I go with a splash, then balm. Of course, if a balm is working for you, by all means stick with it.

L'Oreal Comfort Max is an awesome moisturizer. Though I don't use it every day, on the days I do use it, even my hands feel terrific for several hours.. and it's great for night shaves, since the scent is pretty light.

16oz of Daniel Kern Moisturizer is about $20 and works fine as an ASB or face moisturizer. Most of the time I still use Nivea for my ASB though. When that dries I like to put the Kern moisturizer all over the my face, especially in winter. Using a small $6-7 bottle of ASB over the entire face just isn't cost effective, though I'm sure it would work fine.

Top Bottom