What's new

After shave without shaving?

... I don't think you should ever consider AS as a moisturiser, Some have glycerine which is moisturising but generally the alcohol will offset this.

In any case, sure it is okay to wear it. I personally would go for a moisturiser and cologne for nourishing effect combined with scent.

Hi,

Is it OK for your face to put on post shave balm even if you didn't shave? I think it has moisturizer in it.

haha...I find myself doing this on days I don't shave. It's mostly out of habit, but it does serve as a moisturizer (I use Nivea's post shave balm - if that helps).

My face is still intact so, based on that evidence, I am willing to say it won't melt your face or anything.

It certaintly does no harm. A balm is pretty moisturizing however i dont see much reason to put on a splash without a shave.

I splash a little bay rum about 3 times a day. It doesn't last too long. I have Pinauds and think it's supposed to be used that way.

I'm a night shaver, so I usually use it as part of that post-shave routine.

In the morning, post shower, I'll hit my face with some witch hazel followed by an aftershave balm. My balms (assuming no alcohol) seem to keep my face moisturized.

For me, limiting aftershave use to only when you shave would be like limiting drinking to only when you want to get drunk. My son (3 years old) takes his bath at night. Almost every night, he and I line up the fragrances after his bath and he picks one for us to put on. Amazingly, he developed this ritual with no prodding from me.

It has caused no damage to either his face or mine. Although he has learned to avoid the burn of the Clubman. :D

No reason not to, especially if you are using a milk or balm. The AS milk I use has water and witch hazel as the top two ingredients, and the next two are moisturizers and lime oil, which is antiinflammatory. Can't see why a person couldn't put that on anytime he wanted.

I use balms all winter long, shave day or not. I should probably buy a real facial moisturizer, but some of the balms (alcohol free) do almost as good a job, and smell a lot better.

Top Bottom