What's new

Adjustable TTO - Ming Shi 3000s?

Lots of reviews on here, it's an ultra mild Futur clone. Nothing wrong with it supposedly, need to try it myself. Have you considered the Pearl adjustable, Maggards and others have them from the latest batches?

Sorry! :blushing:

That is interesting, can't say I have seen a review. The head looks a lot like everything else coming out of PRC with different names.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
According to many feedbacks, the mingshi 3000S model has the problem that the adjustment disc and the bottom turntable interfere with each other, and it is difficult to locate it. The overall performance is not as good as the 2000S.

If haven't owned a gillette tto type or other reputable de, might think the 3000S shaves just fine; but experienced users tend to think it's a little rough.

I have a Ming Shi 3000s. Ditto on the adjustment issue. At the more aggressive settings the blade angles vertically with the result that it's easy to nick yourself. At milder settings the razor shaves poorly-too mild. Was never able to dial in/adjust technique to make this razor work for me. Revisited it a few times as my technique with other razors evolved with no success. Achieve excellent results with my Weishi 9306 long handle and King C. Gillette DE razors.

I echo Lane101 on the MingShi. Don't waste your $$$. If you want an adjustable either get the copies of the Merkur Future (knowing it is a cheap copy); go to Aliexpress if china is OK with your orders and check Yaqi.....they have there 3 adjustable.....of course the good adjustable razors: Gillette vintage, Merkur, or some of the new ones with changeable plates, or the real expensive ones.......$350+

If you are looking for an inexpensive adjustable, I recommend the Snmirn from the river site. $10 gets you a smooth, mild, smaller Futur clone that works quite well for the price. The magnetic top is a cool feature.

I'm actually not really interested in adjustables right now. I used to have a Gillette Slim but I just could not get a decent shave with it no matter what settings I tried. I gave up and traded it.

Top Bottom