What's new

Adding an Aeropress to the cupboard...

The instructions that come with it say filter down (or at least used to). A lot of people (me included) turn it upside down

I have tried the inverted method for a longer brew time but it seems very dangerous and top heavy that way.

I make mine the usual way up on the mug but put the plunger into the top after adding the water. This creates a vacuum and stops the water dripping through the filter. Leave as long as required then push down as usual.

Gareth

That works, too. When I use aeropress, I generally am looking for something closer to black coffee which is why I go with the Americano approach.

To start another debate with this: regular brew or inverted? I always use inverted

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

First couple years regular brew only then last February (2017) went to a coffee show and saw someone doing inverted with ~4 1/2 minute steep time. Came home tried that out and it's how i've done it ever since. My wife still does the regular, impatience.

dave

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
First couple years regular brew only then last February (2017) went to a coffee show and saw someone doing inverted with ~4 1/2 minute steep time. Came home tried that out and it's how i've done it ever since. My wife still does the regular, impatience.

dave

The 4 1/2 minute steep time really brings out the flavor in some coffees.

I am going to try the inverted method at some point. I would like to try and get some great brews with the standard method. I think I need to check my grind size if I stick with the 10 second bloom and 10 second wait, followed by the plunge. More experimentation!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

I usually invert mine to brew. The other day I poured my water in then realized I had put the plunger in the wrong end. Now there was no way to attach the filter! Fortunately there was a silicone can lid nearby and I managed to hold that long enough to get the filter on after I flipped it. Whew!

Top Bottom