What's new

Above the Tie Bamboo SE1 blades selection

Blade selection seems to have a bigger impact with this razor than our other models. Many customers have shared with me that the Feather Super Pro makes the SE more aggressive, the Feather Pro a bit milder than the Super and the KAI Titan Mild close to the R1. The KAI Titan Mild is the blade I use. Hopefully sharing these customer experiences is helpful.
Stan

Hi Stan! I have all of your razors, Including the ATT SE1 and SE2 (yes, Im an ATT addict). I Love my SEs from ATT and was wondering if there was any differences in dimensions between the Feather Pros and KAI Mild. I know the feather pros measure 8.0mm but there is nowehere in the interenet that indicates the measurement of the KAI Mild. I do know the feather super is 8.2mm (thus the increase aggresiveness).

There are 2 theories on why the KAI Mild feel smoother than the pros: 1. THe Blade is smaller than the Pros (smaller than 8.0mm) or 2. the coating utilized makes the blade smoother (having the same dimensions as the feather pro).

Do you have any info on this?

Hi Stan! I have all of your razors, Including the ATT SE1 and SE2 (yes, Im an ATT addict). I Love my SEs from ATT and was wondering if there was any differences in dimensions between the Feather Pros and KAI Mild. I know the feather pros measure 8.0mm but there is nowehere in the interenet that indicates the measurement of the KAI Mild. I do know the feather super is 8.2mm (thus the increase aggresiveness).

There are 2 theories on why the KAI Mild feel smoother than the pros: 1. THe Blade is smaller than the Pros (smaller than 8.0mm) or 2. the coating utilized makes the blade smoother (having the same dimensions as the feather pro).

Do you have any info on this?

Nothing other than what you have shared. I use the Kai Mild myself. But one thing that became apparent is the the SE line is very responsive to the blade being used. This has resulted in my not rushing to make additional plates at this time.

Nothing other than what you have shared. I use the Kai Mild myself. But one thing that became apparent is the the SE line is very responsive to the blade being used. This has resulted in my not rushing to make additional plates at this time.

I have to agree with that!! Maybe someone one the forum with the right tools can measure the kai mild and then we would know for sure which version of the theory holds true. Anyone up for that?

Top Bottom