What's new

A Tip with SCS Cream

It's universally agreed that Saint Sue is a great lady, but her creams sometimes gets mixed reviews, members either absolutely love them or they have a hard time getting lather and from what I read when the tub arrives it is either soft and creamy or hard almost like a soap puck. The soft tubs get rave reviews and the puck is sometimes difficult to lather. I purchased a tub of the B&B Bay Rum with a Twist Cream and the smell was heavenly but I couldn't get the rather hard puck like cream to lather. It really bothered me because I loved the smell so much but I couldn't use it. I found a recommendation from our other soap ladies to stir up the cream. So tonight, I took five minutes and vigorously stirred the cream, really whipping it up right inside the jar. Wow, it totally changed the product and I was getting the same results as the love it group. So if you are having problems, it's simple, just give the jar a good stir.

Good luck and Good Shaves :badger:

Indeed... I had much the same problem with a recent order I placed... When I first got the order and opened the jars they were basically soup... almost no consistancy at all... Didn't think anything of it and threw them up on the shelf....

When I finally went to use one (the Shea Butter & Avocado Oil) it had "hardened up" to basically the consistancy of a Jello Jiggler... No, actually a bit harder than that even...

I was having terrible results from it and just couldn't get a decent lather to save my life...

Somebody had mentioned giving it a good stir, so I gave it a whirl... Sure enough, just like your result, it made all the difference in the world...

I have to be completely honest here... I may just need more practice with the water/cream ratio, but thus far while I get excellent results from it, I still wouldn't consider it better than any of the 3T creams...

Hmmmmmm Bay Rum with a Twist. Here are some additional tips that have come up in other threads:

• If the cream seems too runny (watery on top) and is not performing well, also try giving it a stir. Some seperation of the product was happening during the 100 deg F HOT summer days for a few folks.
  • What works for me for getting the proper cream to water ratio is to start out with a generous SOC (snurdle o' cream) and a very well shaken, almost dry brush. I whip and gradually add water until I get the famous SCS lather that I'm looking for.
  • Some folks have hard water and this sometimes causes various products to produce poor lather. If all else fails with your SCS cream (and other products) try using distilled water to see if it improves your results.

Shaved with B&B Bay Rum with a Twist tonight and I stirred it up again in the jar right before my took some out to lather with my brush in the my lather bowl, it was a fantastic shave, some of the slickest lather I've ever used. :thumbup1:

If you are having any problems with SCS, Give it a stir, I promise, this works :thumbup:

Top Bottom