What's new

A stupid question about the Trac II

I frequently go with the Good News disposables (a throw away version of the Trac II) and have had zero ingrown hair issues and can shave everyday with them. With three or more blades, I get ingrowns, burn, and the inability to shave day after day. I agree with that 2 blades is an upgrade, 3 or more is past the zenith.

^That right there. Two fixed blades was an improvement over one.

Three blades began the regression, and it worsened from there. The pivoting and roller ball gimmicks sent cartridge effectiveness into the abyss, IMO.

+1, last night I saw a tv ad for this thing for headshavers, also showed you could shave your face as well, looked like some kind of kids toy car you'd drive around on your head. I know headshavers have additional issues, but this thing looked comical. I think since most of us have returned to a more basic traditional wet shave, I'm sure headshavers have a more traditional method as well. This looked like it will appeal to someone who would find headshaving a trendy thing to do, the next thing will be the "Jetsons" gadget that is some kind of helmet thing that slides over your head, buzzes, shakes and comes off and you have a smooth face... I not sayin, I'm just sayin.....

Or you could try this with a personna disposable. .. and there you have it a wonderful trac 1 which wont break the bank.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1415946423920.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415946423920.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 70
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1415946480971.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415946480971.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 69
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1415946521712.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415946521712.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 69
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1415946572463.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1415946572463.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 70
You could try the Bump Fighter carts with the Trac II handle. They are a single blade cart. Folks often use the Bump Fighter handle with Trac II carts so I'm pretty sure they are compatible.

The Trac II was good and I used mine till it broke in the late 1980s just before I got out of college. From 1986 to 1989 I used either a injector or the Trac II but after that I went electric till I saw the light again a few years back thanks to the Today show ant the AOT website . If I find another Trac II for the right price I will buy it and put it into the rotation.

... If I find another Trac II for the right price I will buy it and put it into the rotation.

The Bump Fighter razor on Amazon is currently < $6. I like the feel of the handle better than the original Trac II, and it works like a champ with Trac II cartridges. I bought 100 carts for about $10 off of Amazon too, and they work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Bump-Fighter-...1418057849&sr=8-2&keywords=bump+fighter+razor

A DE razor is more fun, but the Trac II was and is a good design for getting hair off the face with minimal hassle. It gives fast, 'good enough' shaves.

Top Bottom