What's new

A special shave

Today, for the first time in 2-3 years, I have shaved my entire face.

I used to use my straight razor to sculpt my beard. I cannot grow a mustache to save my life, and when I try I wind up looking like Pedro from Napoleon dynamite.

Needless to say, I have had way to many people call me Amish.

So, today I made the decision to clean shave once again.

For the special occasion I used my Morley straight razor, Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic soap, my favorite brush which is a synthetic from west coast shaving, and a Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic aftershave.

It felt really good to shave off a heavy beard with a straight razor, and I didn't knick myself either.

A fantastic shave with zero irritation, and the aftershave hit harder than it normally does too. The menthol felt wonderful, but it burned more than usual.

Now instead of everyone calling me Amish I have to get used to the "Hey stranger!" Jokes again. Some life I live.......

Nice, recently I got rid of a 7 month beard with my Rockwell 6c w/ a kai blade and for soap & aftershave I used Phoenix artisan accoutrements Tombstone
I love that stuff
It does feel good to get rid of it now I feel like I can thoroughly wash my face but I might grow out a a big ole goatee so I can shave daily atleast and enjoy the vast world of wetshaving and I've recently found a guy who makes absolute crackin' soaps and aftershaves i thought I already had a favorite but the guy just hit the top of my list and I usually don't like blowing smoke up people ***
Happy shaves brother

I feel you on the Amish thing!

I usually have a beard and mustache, and just shave my neck. If I'm going snorkeling (which happens often in Summer), I'll shave my mustache.

In high school, I'd often shave just the stache, because I thought girls liked lip better than hair. Idk if it was true, but I got called Amish then, too.

Top Bottom