What's new

A quick visit to Cambridge Chemists NYC ~

Thank God i don't live where this shop is.....i'd be even more broke than i am already...:biggrin:

But this picture could have been of my cabinet in my study:

full

What's the brush, third from the right?

Last edited by a moderator:
They carry that?!?!

Great - I learn this just AFTER I move to the other side of the country, after spending two years less than a fifteen minute walk away.

Oh well....

And did they just recently remodel? Things look different.... Brighter.... Less old school....

-Mo

Mo welcome back! are you all settled in?

Yes this is a new location on Lex, an improvement I would say.

My travel itinerary to NY;

Day 1: Cambridge's Chemist

Day 2: Cambridge's Chemist

Day 3: you guessed it, Cambridges!

+1 Glad to see you posting again Mo. I know you didn't care for NY too much but do you find Kalifornia any different? We lived within an hour's drive of San Fransisco bay area(Monterey county)and I can tell you, the left coast has its share of shall we say, idiosyncrasies?:rolleyes:

Back to the post topic. Yes, I would be in serious trouble in Cambridge Chemists. I noticed that even the old standby, Canoe is represented there. Who says you can't find a bargain in NY?

Regards, Todd

OH MY GOD!!!

I'm glad I don't have anything like that near me. I don't even have anything close to that near me. Sometimes I'm very glad I live in Sweden. SWMBO would definately kill me.

+1 Glad to see you posting again Mo. I know you didn't care for NY too much but do you find Kalifornia any different? We lived within an hour's drive of San Fransisco bay area(Monterey county)and I can tell you, the left coast has its share of shall we say, idiosyncrasies?:rolleyes:

Thanks Todd, Jim.

Sorta settled in, not totally. Still unpacking.....

Actually, I loved New York. I just could not live there. Crazy Cali is actually sitting pretty well with me. Getting to leave work before six most days, and then spend a couple of hours on the water kayaking several times a week is helping a lot in that. I might even have to relearn how to cook, since I actually get out in time to make my own dinner....

Oh, and I went to law school at berkeley, so the bay area i am pretty familiar with. Idiosyncracies... yes a few.... I actually found berkeley craziness slightly charming. San Diego is a little more laid back and less crazy.

-Mo

I walked into the 34 St Pasteur's yesterday for some moisturizer for my dad (I just love the GR moisturizer which they carry in that location but not the other) and somehow I lost an hour and a half of my life and about 175$..... Not sure how that happened (looking over at the D.R. Harris Shave stick, the Taylor of Bond St. Lavender soap.....)

I have to avoid the Lex avenue buses because i think Cambridge Chemists has a set of "Shaving Sirens" calling us shave geeks to our monetary deaths...

Anyone find a good local supplier of blades?

Its no secret that this is my favorite stop in NYC's "Bermuda Triangle" of wetshaving. (where your money disappears without a trace)​

proxy.php

For those who don't frequent FARK:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY[/YOUTUBE]

Obligatory "may not be safe for work" notification...

Last edited by a moderator:
If that place was anywhere close to my house, I would spend a lot of money there.

Just looking at the pics, makes my SCAD increase. :001_tt1:

If you can afford to live in that neighborhood you can afford to spend as much as you want there.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom