What's new

A pleasant suprise from Dollar General....

If anyone here has been following the Barbasol Pacific Rush threads in the Aftershave section, you know it's been getting great reviews. I bought the splash, then it was announce they were carrying the balms. I went by yesterday and picked up a balm (nice by the way). That's not the suprise :biggrin1:....

I was strolling around when I found their new 'Our version of...' section. I usually smell a few things whenever I find these sections, because you can find some hiden gems. I believe they had a 'Cool water' clone (not so good), and several womens fragrances. I saw they had a 'Polo Black' clone. Now I'm not the type of guy who can wear scents like that. I'm more of an oceanic/clean smell guy. I decide to smell it anyway because the father-in-law wears scents like this well.

Well... It smelled NOTHING like Polo Black.... but was delicious anyway!!! I'm not good with describing scents, but it is light and airy with slight amounts of citrus and ocean. It kind of reminds of the original Tommy Hilfiger cologne, without the 'greasy' after tones.

Again, this would not be for everyone, but for the guys who can wear light (ok.... slightly metro) scents well, it's a GREAT one!

It cost me..... wait for it...... $4 for 3oz!!!! :thumbup1:

Are there any other hidden gems like this out there? I've been wanting to try the Dollar Tree 'our interpretation of' Cool water, and Polo Blue, but haven't been brave enough yet.

(BTW, I'm not a total tight wad. I do own some T&H trafalgar and 1805. I just like to have variety that doesn't break the bank)

Are there any other hidden gems like this out there? I've been wanting to try the Dollar Tree 'our interpretation of' Cool water, and Polo Blue, but haven't been brave enough yet.

(BTW, I'm not a total tight wad. I do own some T&H trafalgar and 1805. I just like to have variety that doesn't break the bank)

Dollar Tree's "Jean Phillippe, Paris" stuff is AWESOME :thumbup: I love their Cool Water and Polo scents. Also they sell a pretty good Drakkar clone.
Wp

I bought a bottle of the Black Extreme EDT @ DG for $4 on clearance. Nice scent. My wife likes. Not very long lasting but at $4 it's worth it IMO.

the Jean Phillipe stuff is what I had been procrastinating on. I may have to swing by and pick up a few samples. At $1 each, I can always use it as bug spray or weed killer. :lol:

I bought a bottle of the Black Extreme EDT @ DG for $4 on clearance. Nice scent. My wife likes. Not very long lasting but at $4 it's worth it IMO.

Yeah, I believe that may have been what I bought. It made it about 1/2 way through the work day. Like you said, for $4 it's really hard to beat.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom