What's new

A nice woody summer scent with good longevity?

L'Occitane en Provence Cade Edt is one of my favorites. Works great for the fall and winter though, if used sparingly, you can use it for spring and summer as well.

I find Cade is easier to wear in the warmer months than Encre Noire, which is definitely more of a woodsy powerhouse.

Tim

Tried Spicebomb eau Fraiche today and it opens with citrus and pink pepper then moves into the "Spicebomb" dna that isn't as heavy as the original and has a super nice cedar note in the base. I will buy this one

Anyone try Azzaro Visit? Wondering how that would be in the heat. It's. Supposed to be a clone of Gucci Rush which is discontinued and really pricey now.

Anyone try Azzaro Visit? Wondering how that would be in the heat. It's. Supposed to be a clone of Gucci Rush which is discontinued and really pricey now.

I own Visit and I love it as a Fall/Milder Winter day fragrance. I could see maybe pulling this off on a cool summer night but I would find the incense note to be overbearing on a hot day.

I would check out Lanvin Oxygene Homme. It has a cedar base and also contains notes of Fir and Juniper. A crisp/fresh take on woods. I like this scent a lot because it is a spring/summer scent clean scent that is not aquatic which makes up over 90% of spring/summer scents. The longevity isn't out of this world but I've worn it to work and could still smell it at the end of the day, albeit at that point it was a skin scent. The best part is Oxygene Homme can be found dirt cheap (under $20 for 3.4 oz bottle).

I own Visit and I love it as a Fall/Milder Winter day fragrance. I could see maybe pulling this off on a cool summer night but I would find the incense note to be overbearing on a hot day.

I would check out Lanvin Oxygene Homme. It has a cedar base and also contains notes of Fir and Juniper. A crisp/fresh take on woods. I like this scent a lot because it is a spring/summer scent clean scent that is not aquatic which makes up over 90% of spring/summer scents. The longevity isn't out of this world but I've worn it to work and could still smell it at the end of the day, albeit at that point it was a skin scent. The best part is Oxygene Homme can be found dirt cheap (under $20 for 3.4 oz bottle).
Thanks!

How about Harris Windsor, or Chanel Bleu!?

latter lasts longer, of course.

proxy.php

L'Occitane en Provence Cade Edt is one of my favorites. Works great for the fall and winter though, if used sparingly, you can use it for spring and summer as well.

I find Cade is easier to wear in the warmer months than Encre Noire, which is definitely more of a woodsy powerhouse.

Tim

+1 love Cade I wear it all year round

Was gonna suggest this. Works great for hot weather in my opinion.
Also check out Nautica Voyage. Its pretty aquatic but the dry down is a nice wood base. This stuff is cheap too. Got some from marshalls for like $25.00 Its pretty good for the money once it drys down a bit.

L'Eau d'Issey would be another woody aquatic to check out. Dry down is cedar and sandlewood.

Top Bottom