What's new

A month back with the pipe, and discovered Ashton's Artisan Blend

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Yummy!

I can't describe this like you tobacco hounds can, but boy, is it good!!!

So far, I know I am a Latakia hound. I probably like this and Larry's Blend the best so far, followed by Frog Morton on the Town, Nightcap and Dunhill 965, in no particular order so far. Top two, next three. I'll sort it out as I go through the rest of my stash.

This sure is fun! :001_tt2:

So far, I know I am a Latakia hound. I probably like this and Larry's Blend the best so far, followed by Frog Morton on the Town, Nightcap and Dunhill 965, in no particular order so far. Top two, next three. I'll sort it out as I go through the rest of my stash.

This sure is fun! :001_tt2:

I've recently decided that I am a latakia fiend. It's certainly not the flavour I came to pipe smoking for, but it's what I stay for!

(Currently puffing on Duhill London Mixture on my morning off)

I picked up some Artisan's Blend locally to feed my Latakia hunger until I could get my hands on some Nightcap and other Lat-forward blends. While I certainly like it, I can't say that I find it to be particularly special or Latakia heavy. In fact, I find Frog Morton to be a better all around English blend. I think that drying out the Artisan's Blend a bit helps it tremendously. Try that and see if you like it more, the same, or less. I'm amazed at how differently I experience the same tobacco at different moisture levels.

Top Bottom