What's new

A couple of reknotted brushes from J.R. Reyes

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I was one of the first customers of Pete at Wolf Whiskers when he started making brushes before his last cruise in the Navy, back in 2013. Unfortunately, I asked for a knot to be seated too low, against his recommendation to me, and it ended up never being satisfactory. Entirely my fault, not his, he made the brush as I asked for it. It was a Chubby type handle in his Cranberry color, which I love. Then I found an Ever Ready 750 that I always wanted reknotted to use as a travel brush.

So I sent them to J.R. Reyes to make the Wolf Whiskers what it should have been in the first place, and I asked him to use his judgement on the Ever Ready, to surprise me. Well, he did. Very well, I might add. Here are my brushes back, and I think I'll use the Wolf Whiskers tomorrow.

brushes.jpg

I was one of the first customers of Pete at Wolf Whiskers when he started making brushes before his last cruise in the Navy, back in 2013. Unfortunately, I asked for a knot to be seated too low, against his recommendation to me, and it ended up never being satisfactory. Entirely my fault, not his, he made the brush as I asked for it. It was a Chubby type handle in his Cranberry color, which I love. Then I found an Ever Ready 750 that I always wanted reknotted to use as a travel brush.

So I sent them to J.R. Reyes to make the Wolf Whiskers what it should have been in the first place, and I asked him to use his judgement on the Ever Ready, to surprise me. Well, he did. Very well, I might add. Here are my brushes back, and I think I'll use the Wolf Whiskers tomorrow.

View attachment 1357652
I really like that brush with the red handle. I have not heard of this vendor before. What is the brush and brush colour called?

Top Bottom