What's new

A cheap razor rack.

Found this at big lots for $6. It's a bamboo napkin holder.
20170718_141723_resized.jpg

Good thinking! It looks like there may be room to drill out another row of holes, too. You got 5 more razors?

That's an awesome rack. I wish I had known about that before I spent well over $100 for three 5-razor racks. Don't get me wrong, I like my racks but I'm digging the cost effectiveness of it. And it seems to be made of bamboo which gives it another thumbs up for using a renewable resource. I may have to stop by my nearest Big Lots.

The problem with razor racks is dusting. I'm not in to dusting razors, as much as I love razors. I keep my razors in a drawer, and only the razor I'm using this week is atop a dresser in the bedroom, away from bathroom moisture. I change razors weekly, when I change blades.

I have the razors I use on a regular basis in three racks for a total of 15. They are out on a dresser and I don't dust them. When I choose the one I am going to shave with that day, I presume that rinsing it under water is sufficient to remove most if not all of the dust that may have collected on it. But having said that, there are times when I find myself just staring at my collection and looking at the individual razors. And at those times I can be seen wiping the dust from the razors on my shirt. I also have a tendency to sniff my brushes, hoping to get a whiff of the last cream or soap that I used with that brush. I'll also go through my stack of creams and soaps, opening them up and smelling them. It's an affliction.

I have the razors I use on a regular basis in three racks for a total of 15. They are out on a dresser and I don't dust them. When I choose the one I am going to shave with that day, I presume that rinsing it under water is sufficient to remove most if not all of the dust that may have collected on it. But having said that, there are times when I find myself just staring at my collection and looking at the individual razors. And at those times I can be seen wiping the dust from the razors on my shirt. I also have a tendency to sniff my brushes, hoping to get a whiff of the last cream or soap that I used with that brush. I'll also go through my stack of creams and soaps, opening them up and smelling them. It's an affliction.

Yeah, I'm sort of the same - everytime I go into the bathroom, I end up looking at and inspecting at least one of my razors, or smelling a soap/aftershave! I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I'm weird!

Yeah, I'm sort of the same - everytime I go into the bathroom, I end up looking at and inspecting at least one of my razors, or smelling a soap/aftershave! I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I'm weird!

I don't let my wife see me checking my stuff out. If she did, she'd probably have me committed. She already thinks I'm nuts. This would just give her good reason in her mind. I took over the entire top of then guest bedroom dresser with all of my shaving gear as well as about a quarter of our medicine cabinet and all of the one single shelf in our master bathroom. I am nuts but not necessarily for what she thinks makes me nuts. If that makes any sense. Maybe I am nuts. My favorites are cashews.

My wife had a couple of organizer racks that she didn't use, so I appropriated one. I think it was a thrift store purchase, but can be found in lots of stores. Yours looks much classier, though.

IMG_20170720_182205.jpg

Top Bottom