What's new

7 oz barbasol?!

At the grocery last night, I found no 10 oz cans of Barbasol, but found they're all 7 oz now.

Google is not returning any hits for "10 oz barbasol discontinued" that are newsworthy, it's all ads.

So... has Barbasol done a Toblreone, and reduce product while keeping price? Distasteful practice.

I'm sitting on 4 more cans of 10-oz 100-year anniversary barberpole cans, glad I bought 'em...

Not sure where you're located but I just bought two cans from Walgreen's that are 10-ouncers. I should warn you that cans are taking a beating on the forum right now. Recycle those cans, and if you have to drive them anywhere be sure it's in a Tesla.

Hmm.. my red/white anniversary can my wife and I recently finished was 10oz and the can of new pacific rush with caffeine and menthol is also 10oz. All of the cans listed on the barbasol official website are 10oz. All three stores I buy barbasol from (Publix, Walmart, and Walgreens) all only carry 10oz cans.

Are you talking about this 6oz can that I've only ever seen at Dollar Tree stores and only in original and aloe:
https://www.dollartree.com/barbasol-original-shaving-cream-6oz-cans/184221

Not sure where you're located but I just bought two cans from Walgreen's that are 10-ouncers.

Heh. I'm in Florida, land of Publix. I don't doubt 10oz are still around for now but my publix seems to always be a bit ahead of the rest of the retailers: They had barberpole cans many weeks before anyone else did. Now all they got is 7oz non-barberpole. See the next reply for a link.

Hmm.. my red/white anniversary can my wife and I recently finished was 10oz and the can of new pacific rush with caffeine and menthol is also 10oz. All of the cans listed on the barbasol official website are 10oz. All three stores I buy barbasol from (Publix, Walmart, and Walgreens) all only carry 10oz cans.

Are you talking about this 6oz can that I've only ever seen at Dollar Tree stores and only in original and aloe:
https://www.dollartree.com/barbasol-original-shaving-cream-6oz-cans/184221

Nope.. these. Barbasol Original Thick & Rich Shaving Cream - 7oz

Love the barberpole anniversary cans, so I bought 5. Sometimes I can turn into a bit of a hoarder. But I know that's not unknown to people who use DE blades ;)

Odd. I checked Target locally (on the app) and the search returned 10-ounce cans. Last time I was actually IN Target they had space for about a thousand cans but had zero in stock so someone is using it.

You might be on to something. I'm checking stock at local stores and Barbasol is getting a little scarce on the ground. Target online actually has listings for both sizes, they can get you 7oz cans but not 10s.

The 7s are 30 cents cheaper. Still more expensive per ounce but cheaper per can. It's a differently shaped can.

I'm in Mass. and the Stop & Shop near me has the Barbasol in 10 oz cans and 7 oz cans both for $1.49.
It sure looks like they are doing away with the 10 oz can.

Upon further review, the $1.47 10-ounce cans are out of stock at Target but 7-ounce cans are indeed available for a dollar-49. So, yeah...happy new year! The stuff lasts so long I probably won't notice I'm buying it a month earlier. Take that TOBS!

Heh. I'm in Florida, land of Publix. I don't doubt 10oz are still around for now but my publix seems to always be a bit ahead of the rest of the retailers: They had barberpole cans many weeks before anyone else did. Now all they got is 7oz non-barberpole. See the next reply for a link.

Port Orange (Volusia) here!

I wouldn't be surprised if they went down to 7oz considering most gel cans are 5-7oz. I remember buying 12oz cans of OG and Aloe while orange, menthol, and purple all were 10oz. As the next stock of OG and Aloe came in, those were 10oz. I mean if they drop it to 5oz for $0.99 I'd still probably buy it.

I was in Wegmans grocery store in south Jersey last week and all the 10 ounce cans were gone, replaced by 7s.

I reached out to Barbasol. 10 oz will remain "in select retailers." 7 oz is the new size, due to current market conditions. I'm paraphrasing, of course, but their intent was obvious -- mainstream shaving things arent selling like they used to.

I guess that mean the fur-faced barbarians won, just like they did in the 60's - 70's? Can't wait for this current furry look to pass. I refuse to go out the front door without scraping off the stubble.

And no, they didn't say which "select retailers" will have 10 oz. Whatevers. This is just another Toblerone-style move. Less product for the same $.

Needless to say, that's a big reduction in size. As it was, Barbasol's 10 ounce cans sat next to the 11 ounce cans of Foamy, which were always a few cents cheaper. Your big can of Barbasol is about to become a relic.

I don't know why the beard is so popular. Most guys either trim it so short it looks like Don Johnson front that 80's dope show I never watched or they let it grow out like they live in caves and just look scungy.

I wear a tight goatee and keep it trimmed. Other than that, I've had a mustache since I was 14 (long time ago) and I kept it nice and tight too.

Shave you freaking barbarians.

NT

<In a craggily voice>
I don't know why these young whipper snappers grow their hair so long.

Anything over my length is too long!

<In a craggily voice>
I don't know why these young whipper snappers grow their hair so long.

Anything over my length is too long!

LOL...yep I'm getting old but even when I was young I hated unkempt beards and scruffy 3 day growth stuff. I'm just old school.

I don't know why the beard is so popular. Most guys either trim it so short it looks like Don Johnson front that 80's dope show I never watched or they let it grow out like they live in caves and just look scungy.

Behavioral scientists do studies on this sort of thing from time to time. For the last ten years or so they find that more women like stubble on a man better than the clean-shaven look.

Do Women Prefer Men With Beards?

I've been wearing a goatee for about the last 20 years, or approximately as long as I've known my wife, because she wanted me to grow it. I keep it trimmed pretty short and now I have to color it too. Keeps me from looking like a little kid even though I'm clean shaven everywhere else.

At the grocery last night, I found no 10 oz cans of Barbasol, but found they're all 7 oz now.

Google is not returning any hits for "10 oz barbasol discontinued" that are newsworthy, it's all ads.

So... has Barbasol done a Toblreone, and reduce product while keeping price? Distasteful practice.

I'm sitting on 4 more cans of 10-oz 100-year anniversary barberpole cans, glad I bought 'em...

A check with Walmart's website has 10 oz cans, and 6 oz travel size. That's the same as found on the Barbersol web site.

I reached out to Barbasol. 10 oz will remain "in select retailers." 7 oz is the new size, due to current market conditions. I'm paraphrasing, of course, but their intent was obvious -- mainstream shaving things arent selling like they used to.

I guess that mean the fur-faced barbarians won, just like they did in the 60's - 70's? Can't wait for this current furry look to pass. I refuse to go out the front door without scraping off the stubble.

And no, they didn't say which "select retailers" will have 10 oz. Whatevers. This is just another Toblerone-style move. Less product for the same $.

Saw this after posting the other. Don't know the figures for gel vs canned foam sales. Stores have more gel than foam on the shelves these days.

Are they replacing the 10oz with the 7oz? More than likely. Why? Because this thread would be complaining that the price went up $0.80 for the 10oz can. Does it suck as a consumer in the short run that the can is smaller? Yes. However, the company needs to survive and turn a profit. Thus, they can give you the same amount for more money or less for the same money. Companies are not in business to lose money. They need to make money. The Barbasol product, for what it is, is still a good bargain at the current price for the 7oz can.

As someone pointed out before the 10oz can used to be 12oz. As far as goop in a can goes, Barbasol is the best. I have a can of it somewhere. It's the 100th Anniversary can. However, it is unused and will more than likely stay unused. I really wish Barbasol would come out with a puck or a legit shaving cream that needs a brush.

Top Bottom