What's new

$55 for Martin de Candre 200g Shipped

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Is $55 shipped for a Martin de Candre 200g a competitive price? Should I pull the trigger?

It's a good price. Not saying I've shopped around much recently, but shopping around to be sure about the relative price is easy enough.

It's a soap I like a lot and have, but, yes, I'd pull the trigger if I needed more MdC.

I bought it from the MdC company in France and it was more (with shipping). That was a year or so ago.

That’s a fair price. English Shaving Company is the most affordable I’ve seen.

Me too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

That's a good price!
I need no moar soap though...
Agreed! I have enough soaps.. however it’s been a couple years since I last purchased a soap and thought the price was decent enough.. I splurged.. I wasn’t strong enough 😔

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Their prices are about $5 more than the MdC official site, but their shipping is more reasonable than Collisimo. Along with the first-time discount, it’s a good deal as you’ve found out. That $85 will last you two years or so of face shaving, or about $45 a year. It would not be that easy to shave with other artisan soaps for $45/year.

Ugh....I hate this jerky enabling thread.....

j/k thanks for the heads-up. Created an account and ordered 2 jars.

EDIT: Mine with standard int'l shipping came to $106+ change (1 Vetyver & 1 Citrus); I also used the personal 5% off code that was emailed right after account creation

Last edited:
Huh, I can't find the order email, but I think I could swear about 4 years ago I paid just shy of $70 shipped for a single 200g jar. Maybe my memory is failing me here. Or exchange rate in our favor now as compared to then?

Ehhh nevermind. I'm a bit slow tonight. Just now realized ESC also has a storewide 15% off Valentine's Day special going on.

Has anyone who's ordered actually received a shipping notice yet? I know this is a reputable source, but just curious. I kinda thought it would ship by the 2nd business day.

Has anyone who's ordered actually received a shipping notice yet? I know this is a reputable source, but just curious. I kinda thought it would ship by the 2nd business day.
If I'm not mistaken, ESC does not send a shipping notice and it is not trackable, unless you selected a special shipping method (standard shipping is no tracking). It typically takes 2-3 weeks for delivery.

If I'm not mistaken, ESC does not send a shipping notice and it is not trackable, unless you selected a special shipping method (standard shipping is no tracking). It typically takes 2-3 weeks for delivery.
LOL, this is the second time this month I've inquired at B&B about a vendor shipping, and mere minutes later I received shipping notice. Seriously, two minutes ago I got an email form ESC that my order has shipped, but yes, as you stated, not trackable with standard shipping.

Yea I haven’t received any shipping notice. 2-3 weeks.. I’m very impatience 😔 I need to keep an open mind though since it’s coming from France.

Top Bottom