What's new

'50s Gillette Super Speeds - Debating between Regular "Flare Tip" or the "Red Tip"

Well...it's cheap enough and plentiful enough in America. I know off the top of my head around Ohio where I could land 6 Super Speeds tomorrow if I wanted.

Belfast, on the other hand...
I agree with you. If someone one in the Midwest wants to collect anything mass produced… you just keep getting yourself out of the house… you go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, antique shops and antique malls… and keep your head on a swivel… and you will find more than you ever need over time. Get very picky very fast or you will have a collection of junk and projects. You won’t pick a winner every time… but just keep looking and buying the nicer examples.

On a long enough timeline… you can find stupid amounts of anything mass produced.

I always figured that in places that people go to retire, like Florida and Arizona, you could find even more.

I know nothing about the secondary market in Belfast.

I agree with you. If someone one in the Midwest wants to collect anything mass produced… you just keep getting yourself out of the house… you go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets, antique shops and antique malls… and keep your head on a swivel… and you will find more than you ever need over time. Get very picky very fast or you will have a collection of junk and projects. You won’t pick a winner every time… but just keep looking and buying the nicer examples.

On a long enough timeline… you can find stupid amounts of anything mass produced.

I always figured that in places that people go to retire, like Florida and Arizona, you could find even more.

I know nothing about the secondary market in Belfast.
These days, it has to be something really nice or unexpected, that I intend to USE and don't already have an example of, before I'll buy it. Otherwise, I leave it for someone else to enjoy discovering.

These days, it has to be something really nice or unexpected, that I intend to USE and don't already have an example of, before I'll buy it. Otherwise, I leave it for someone else to enjoy discovering.
I have a lot of razors already, and I am only six months into the hobby. I have the common stuff covered, but I still have a lot of razors that I would love to find (flat bottom Tech, Fatboy, Aristocrat…).

I would also love to try using a straight razor.

Top Bottom