What's new

Our Wal-Mart doesn't carry it. I'm not surprised. Here, the average Wal-Mart fragrance purchaser (provided they actually buy it) is marinating themselves in AXE.

I was a bit shocked to hear that walmart would carry it myself...
I had a few bottles of it i picked up on a visit to cologne but i seemed to have lost them over the years. I went to the 4711 shop in town there and when you walk in the door they have a fountain of the cologne! you can just dip you hand in and splash it all over yourself...I recall it smells like lemons and I was not very fond of it, but I may have to give it another try if i notice it in a shop.

S

Stephanie V

I've been using this scent for nearly 30 years. It used to be that I could buy it at the local Long's Drugstore (now CVS), but they took it off the shelf. I wound up buying it online and that served a purpose, but then one day, while in Carmel, I noticed a 4711 window display at the local drugstore. Of course, I went right in and there were all the 4711 products! I purchased the big daddy, and will every time I'm back in Carmel. $60/year for this big bottle is incredibly reasonable for a scent, in my opinion! (However, I just found the 800 ML for $43 on amazon... hmmmmm...)

I like the guy who said he likes to wind down the day by splashing some 4711 on and having a drink. Classic!

It's my go-to refresher scent, and it just make me feel all-around good when I smell it. Best stuff EVER.

I've seen that one here in Portugal, at the window of a traditional Portuguese drug-store. I eve took a photo of it:

proxy.php

:w00t:

I've been using this scent for nearly 30 years. It used to be that I could buy it at the local Long's Drugstore (now CVS), but they took it off the shelf. I wound up buying it online and that served a purpose, but then one day, while in Carmel, I noticed a 4711 window display at the local drugstore. Of course, I went right in and there were all the 4711 products! I purchased the big daddy, and will every time I'm back in Carmel. $60/year for this big bottle is incredibly reasonable for a scent, in my opinion! (However, I just found the 800 ML for $43 on amazon... hmmmmm...)

I like the guy who said he likes to wind down the day by splashing some 4711 on and having a drink. Classic!

It's my go-to refresher scent, and it just make me feel all-around good when I smell it. Best stuff EVER.

What is the scent like and what do you like about it? Every time I think about buying it I decide I've got too many aftershaves to gamble on something I know nothing about. The descriptions online don't really tell me anything to decide whether I would like to try it.

What is the scent like and what do you like about it? Every time I think about buying it I decide I've got too many aftershaves to gamble on something I know nothing about. The descriptions online don't really tell me anything to decide whether I would like to try it.

The Aftershave to me... It's a floral with citrus notes. It's very light. The scent all but disappears within 30 minutes though. Dunno if the EDT lasts longer, but I would assume so.

I can see how it could be considered "uni-sex" but it doesn't smell overly feminine to me either.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120030.html

it smells like that description :001_tongu

it's ok. your standard alcohol splash. scent lasts about as long as it takes me to walk out of the bathroom. Not super happy with the way my face feels after but it's ok...

IMHO, the AS is better than the EDC...lasts just as long (if not longer) than the EDC (though it is probably the record-holder for shortest-lasting scent). The AS is more citusy to me than the EDC. Good stuff, if you like the scent (which to me also is evocative of suntan lotion...in a good way)...a perfect "refresher."

My Grandma wore the 4711 cologne when we lived in Germany back in the early 70's. I have the AS version and love it to bits. Great smell SWMBO even likes it on me. The smell doesn't last long but on a hot day, after shaving.....great!

I was first introduced to 4711 by my girlfriend (now wife)'s German grandfather when we were first dating. I've been hooked ever since. In fact my wife and I both use it as our preferred fragrances. The cool thing is that it smells completely different on her than it does on me. So I get the clean masculine smell, and she gets the pretty accent notes. I recommend it to everyone.

Top Bottom