What's new

40% seems like a nice discount on great tea already well-priced .

Thanks Doc4! You ordered quite a selection. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your sessions.
And, thanks to all of the great members of B&B for your support.

Steve, I keep meaning to leave reviews on the JK teas you sent me... they were quite good! Well beyond any teas I have tried, in my limited experience.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
:001_rolle

I may have gone a little overboard ...

Attachments

• $DSC03258.jpg
    $DSC03258.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 89

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is the sale on all green, white, and yellow teas or certain ones?

All of them ... you just add the "code" when you check out.

(The code is proudly displayed on the website, btw ...)

So... what do you recommend for a first time buyer on a budget?

Don't even know where to begin, but this would be a "middle-of-the-afternoon" tea for a pick-me-up into the end of the day.

Also, I'm still not sure which size gaiwan I should purchase. 100 ml? 125ml? 150ml? Ahhh!!!

Of course, I could do it the cheap way, and steep in my unused French Press couldn't I?

I suggest that you just try some random sample(s) that fit into the predetermined budget. When picking and choosing, I would recommend starting with a white, then a green, then a yellow (or in opposite direction starting with some yellow tea) and repeat the exercise with different teas until budget is depleted. In regards to the white teas, I liked the "White Moon Light Jinggu" better than the "Organic Fuding Silver Needle", but you might have the opposite opinion.

A 100 ml Gaiwan sounds small to me, I would go with the bigger size. You should be able to pick one up inexpensively at your local Asian grocer, assuming one is close by. Before buying a Gaiwan, I recommend that you consider getting a stainless steel tea infuser, the type sits across a coffee/tea cup, since that will make it very easy to lift out the tea to check on its color or taste, before deciding that it is ready for drinking.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I like my 150 ml gaiwan. If you find that much tea too much all at once, just don't fill it all the way up. (Easier fix than trying to perfect the "duct tape expansion" project on a 100 ml gaiwan.

So... what do you recommend for a first time buyer on a budget?

Don't even know where to begin, but this would be a "middle-of-the-afternoon" tea for a pick-me-up into the end of the day.

Jas-e-Tea only has a few, so "one of each" is almost what you end up with, in terms of white and yellow. (There are two White Peony teas ... 2011 and 2012 ... so pick one. There are two Silver Needle white teas ... you probably just need one for now. There are three others ... why not try each to see which you like best.

Toss in a green tea assortment, and you are good to go.

I like my 150 ml gaiwan. If you find that much tea too much all at once, just don't fill it all the way up. (Easier fix than trying to perfect the "duct tape expansion" project on a 100 ml gaiwan.

Jas-e-Tea only has a few, so "one of each" is almost what you end up with, in terms of white and yellow. (There are two White Peony teas ... 2011 and 2012 ... so pick one. There are two Silver Needle white teas ... you probably just need one for now. There are three others ... why not try each to see which you like best.

Toss in a green tea assortment, and you are good to go.

One of each!! How typical B&B! Thanks for the enable Doc! Birthday is this Friday, so I may be ordering a present for myself. :)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
One of each!! How typical B&B! Thanks for the enable Doc! Birthday is this Friday, so I may be ordering a present for myself. :)

there were a couple I told you to skip.

Besides, you have to combine to save on shipping ...

All of them ... you just add the "code" when you check out.

(The code is proudly displayed on the website, btw ...)

I don't think it is for everything, or maybe it's expired. I just tried to use it for an order and got the message that it didn't apply to anything in my cart (a pu-erh, an oolong and a matcha).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I don't think it is for everything, or maybe it's expired. I just tried to use it for an order and got the message that it didn't apply to anything in my cart (a pu-erh, an oolong and a matcha).

Just green/white/yellow ... it's been up for a while so maybe it's getting close to expiry, I dunno.

Roger that. Code that Doc4 was mentioning is just for green, white and yellow teas. However, there are some other discount codes on the site.
Just green/white/yellow ... it's been up for a while so maybe it's getting close to expiry, I dunno.

Top Bottom