What's new

3 New

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I made 3 new handles
One with spare parts from a brush I made for some really Nice Guy(@KeenDogg )
Another I reworked a old one that always had something I did not like,So I made it simple
The other is a Keyhole , I did not have a Badger Keyhole,Now I do.
All the knots are not set yet
3 new.jpg

Those are all beautiful. Very classy keyhole. I love the wood combination of the right one, but the craftsmanship of the shape of the center one makes it my favorite.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
@DCRIII ,hey Dave look what a Friend gave Me
1 1/2" Maple rods

Attachments

• JC.jpg
    JC.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 15
  • jc2.jpg
    jc2.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 15
  • JC3.jpg
    JC3.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 17
Awesome work as always! The middle one is the one that really catches my attention though. I really like the shape of it and the way it is broken up and by the different colors and grains.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks Guys one and all,
Very nice handles, excellent work.

Thank You Mark

Besides the fact that all are beautiful... the one on the right stands out!! Great work!!! @Graydog

Thanks JC

Great work! The right one really has class!

Thank You ,That is the one that I made and was not happy so I put it back on the lathe and made it simple and clean Lines. Here it is before

I love all of them! Beautiful craftsmanship

Thank You for the Kind Words

Very nice Steve! I especially like the look of the key hole brush.
Thanks David, That is the one I am going to keep . The others are going to be PIF'ed between now and Christmas

Very nice handles!
Will you be testing different lofts?
If I may, where are your sourcing your knots from?

I usually set them around 50mm ,since I'm going to give them away I am not going to mess around with the lofts to much. I have been getting the Knot's from Maggards

Those are all beautiful. Very classy keyhole. I love the wood combination of the right one, but the craftsmanship of the shape of the center one makes it my favorite.

Thanks @Quijote ,You always chime in with kind words , I think there is going to be a Quijote Brush in the near future :) We will have to figure out what work's for you.

Awesome work as always! The middle one is the one that really catches my attention though. I really like the shape of it and the way it is broken up and by the different colors and grains.

Thanks ,I like putting two different woods together, most of the time it works

Hey I know that middle one! Thanks for the brush again and the kind words.

Kind words = KeenDogg, Us dogs have to stick together. We should start a Pack,there are allot of dogs here on B&B

Ooh, that keyhole is cool. The shape is really accented by the grain.

Yeah the Keyhole is going in the Rotation ,Thank You so much

That one on the right is amazing. So is the keyhole.

Thank You , That was a redo see the picture above.

I love all of them, but the one in the centre is really unique and must have taken a lot of work.

Thanks Guy, I was taught that if it is fun how could it be work

Attachments

• avv5.jpg
    avv5.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 12
Thank You ,That is the one that I made and was not happy so I put it back on the lathe and made it simple and clean Lines. Here it is before

Very interesting before/after. I would continue to explore the 2-tone/clean lines theme. It has got class & elegance!

I usually set them around 50mm ,since I'm going to give them away I am not going to mess around with the lofts to much. I have been getting the Knot's from Maggards
Thank you.
Also, I liked how you turned (literally) a nice handle you were not satisfied with, into a really great handle. Thank you for sharing and have fun.

You make it easy to say kind words. I grew up in a wood shop, so I know what it looks like when a craftsman is doing what he loves. You sir, have a great eye to be able to see the potential of each piece of wood.

Top Bottom