What's new

3 Most Incredible Albums I've Heard in Years

Ensiferum - Dragonheads
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Summoning - Stronghold

Highly recommended :thumbup1: :thumbup1: I'll be amazed if anyone here has ever heard of them, though.

You are right. I never heard of them...but I'll trust you that they are great. Let's make this string a vote for the top three albums of all time. Here are my picks..........Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band-Beatles.....Allman Bros Band at the the Fillmore East.....Something/Anything-Todd Rundgren.

I've just listened to bits of the Moonsorrow and Summoning albums and they seem to be mostly shouting and thrash metal guitars but hey each to his own!

The Rolling Stones: Let it Bleed
The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers
Procol Harum: Shine on Brightly

Note: the ingestion of mind-altering substances is not a requirement for listening-to and/or enjoying these albums; OTOH...

I've just listened to bits of the Moonsorrow and Summoning albums and they seem to be mostly shouting and thrash metal guitars but hey each to his own!

Samples won't give you the whole story. Most of their songs are over 8 minutes in length (some are over 20), so to get the majestic sweep of the whole song, you have to listen to the whole song.

My picks for the Top 3:

1. Pink Floyd - The Wall
2. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
3. Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

You are right. I never heard of them...but I'll trust you that they are great. Let's make this string a vote for the top three albums of all time. Here are my picks..........Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band-Beatles.....Allman Bros Band at the the Fillmore East.....Something/Anything-Todd Rundgren.

A Wizard, A True Star?

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Luther college
Tool: 10000 days
K's Choice: Cocoon Crash

Ok, Dave and Tim because that album is simply amazing. Dave is a really original songwriter and very good live performer. And Tim manages on his own to play all the parts that normalls the Bass, Violin, Saxophone and sometimes even drums play. Very very good as long as you like acoustic performances.

10.000 days. When I'm in a certain mood I tend to like Tool and on their latest album they have some numbers that I could simply listen to again and again in a row. There's not too many numbers that are like that normally for me. But managing to put several on one album is impressive.

K's Choice's Cocoon Crash has it all. Massive sounding tracks, beautifull melodys with wonderfull back up vocals. It's the only album by K's Choice that I like this much but it's one that I've been listening to for about 5 years now and not a single song has gotten boring.

Now this is some good music. Or, maybe it is just the memories the songs bring back. At any rate, good stuff...
Steve

I was afraid I would be accused of being a stoner, so I just had to throw Miles Davis in there :biggrin:

Just kidding, of course. Kind of Blue is one of my favorite albums to put on while cooking dinner.

I was afraid I would be accused of being a stoner, so I just had to throw Miles Davis in there :biggrin:

If you were afraid of a stoner accusation, you should have steered clear of Miles Davis. He was one of the biggest stoners ever! That guy made Cheech and Chong look like boy scouts. :biggrin:

Top Bottom