What's new

1ST Shave with Stick

I had never used a shave stick before today. Wow what Lather!!! I used a Palmolive stick from Germany are they all this good?:w00t:

In my (somewhat limited) experience they are not only all this good, but many are even better. I like the Palmolive (bought one while traveling in Germany), also like the Speik, but really seriously love the Valobra shave stick. Have used Valobra off and on for over a decade, and I keep coming back to it. Great for traveling, too!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Palmolive shave stick (from Germany or referred to as Euro Palmolive) is pretty easy to use yes. By easy I mean it in a good way. Not all sticks are awesome like not all shave soaps or shave creams are awesome. If you liked that one, I strongly encourage you to try another one.

Erasmic is one the I would stay away from.... but that's just MHO. It's bubbly and foamy, turns to powder if you try to grate it, and the smell is just "okay"..... nothing special. I am speaking of the most recent tallow version BTW.

Ben

Yes they are good. Somehow this thread made it four replies without someone mentioning the mighty La Toja shave stick.

I had never used a shave stick before today. Wow what Lather!!! I used a Palmolive stick from Germany are they all this good?:w00t:

Whilst most shave sticks are made from good quality soap, you may also be profiting from the fact that a stick is a very efficient way to put soap on your face. Enjoy!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Most sticks I have used are great or excellent. Also, they are easy to use and reasonably priced. Palmolive? A winner in my book.

Not much difference between stick and creme for me. The advantage of a stick is that it's compact, and easy for travel.

Top Bottom