What's new

1976 Gillettes?

Three piece Techs, Black Handle Superspeed, LBH Superadjustable. ...and, of course, the TracII !! :w00t: (plus any European stuff available in '76).

I don't know if the Atra had been introduced by '76.

-- John Gehman

Three piece Techs, Black Handle Superspeed, LBH Superadjustable. ...and, of course, the TracII !! :w00t: (plus any European stuff available in '76).

I don't know if the Atra had been introduced by '76.

-- John Gehman

Hey John,

LBH super adjustable? What's so super about it? Do you have any pics?

Black handle SS. have a look in the shopping section. a member is selling NOS black handle SS for $40 each I think.

Hey John,

LBH super adjustable? What's so super about it? Do you have any pics?

Hans --

No photos, don't have a camera. The Black handled Adjustables were called 'Superadjustables' by Gillette, introduced in '69 in two variants: SBH (Short Black Handle) and LBH (Long Black Handle). Same razor, just handle length differences. In '69~'70 only, the LBH only was offered in optional Gold Trim of the bright plated parts, and given a model name that I don't recall. I believe the SBH was made until '72, discontinued, and only the LBH was produced into the '80s. About '78~'79, the LBH underwent a transition --the chromed metal underbed parts/bracketure were replaced with molded, black plastic/ nylon/ polymer components. These models with the black plastic parts are collectively and unofficially called 'Black Beauties'. A final change occurred in the early '80s when the linear, periodic handle knurling was replaced with a diamond pattern knurling. Production continued at least into 1983, and I've heard, into 1986.

-- John Gehman

Not to push my wares, but there is a long handled adjustable of your year and quarter for sale in BST right now.

Top Bottom