What's new

1929 Electric DE

Not sure if I'm allowed to say where I found it, but it's the most popular auction site around so shouldn't be too difficult to locate. If my Canadian Dollars weren't worth so little I would have probably bought it just for novelty's sake.

Best I can tell the baseplate isn't meant to be removed so I'm assuming how it's pictured is how it's meant to be used.

I don't believe it comes with instructions, but it does come with a box and two packs of blades. Speaking of blades, they appear to be a proprietary design, so unfortunately it doesn't look like we would be able to load up any of our favourites into it.

Also, regarding the socket/plug, I believe the original version had the lamp mogul and the later versions came with a plug. Also of note, some of the plug ends out there seem to be non-standard, with cylindrical pins for contacts instead of the blades we're all used to plugging into outlets.

A few more items I found in my travels:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have to take back what I said about the baseplate above. It appears it can be removed and replaced with the scalp and massage attachment. As suggested, it appears to be installed incorrectly on the original pic.

Top Bottom