What's new

Is it just me or does anyone else thinks T&Fs 1805 smells like the woman's fragrance TIGRESS by Faberge from the mid-1960s?

I tried a sample this morning and I smelled like a cheap female chippy. It took HOURS for the clinging madame scent to leave my face.

Thoughts?

Wil,

I'm telling you it was dreadful. I love T&F Almond and Trafalgar, and so glad it was a sample as I ended up chucking the rest out. It was sickening to me and I can't imagine what guy could tolerate it.

I got a great shave with it (as I get from all T&F stuff), but woah!

On second thought, maybe I'd better dig it out of the trash and save it. With my SCAD spiraling out of control, I might need to reapply and start working the streets...:eek:

Well obviously YMMV...many people like this cream, including myself. If you do start working the streets I would suggest some GFT Violet though.

I have a tube of 1805 - not sure if it's a bad batch or what but I hardly smell anything at all with it. I've used it twice and I can smell a little something right at first but it goes away very quickly. I won't be using it again - good thing it came as a throw-in from someone else on B&B in a trade as I know T&H stuff isn't cheap.

Hi, my name is Jim and I like 1805!!!!:biggrin:

My wife says I'm in touch with my feminine side. Is that a bad thing?:redface:

This is an interesting one for me since the first few times I tried both the cream and the cologne, I loved it. Having revisited it a few times, though, I also felt it was a bit feminine. I still like and use it though.

SWMBO bought me the 1805 cream and EDT from the T&H shop in Vegas a couple of months ago. She really liked the smell, and likes it on me. I can take it or leave it. Left to my own devices, I probably would have opted for Grafton or Trafalgar, but hey, whatever she likes. I wear scents for her mostly anyhow.

Is it just me or does anyone else thinks T&Fs 1805 smells like the woman's fragrance TIGRESS by Faberge from the mid-1960s?

SO, about a year ago I got a sample of 1805. Shaved with it a couple times, liked the fragrance. That weekend, I was out a bar and this girl smelled EXACTLY like 1805. Didn't think to ask her what it was (or maybe I just don't remember), so I don't know if it was the perfume in question.

Regardless, for you single guys looking for a good pickup line, try something like, "Has anyone told you that you smell like shaving cream?"

Worked for me!

It's been a while since I used any 1805, but if I remember correctly, it's a marine scent. I didn't find it feminine.

It's far from being a "marine" scent, John. Trust me.

Looks like I'll having to be buying my 1805 brothers around here some Tigress for Christmas...:001_rolle

But, really, I understand everyone has a different nose.

It's far from being a "marine" scent, John. Trust me.

Looks like I'll having to be buying my 1805 brothers around here some Tigress for Christmas...:001_rolle

But, really, I understand everyone has a different nose.

Maybe there is something wrong with the sample you have. I would have to agree with John's opinion. T&H describes it as fresh and oceanic. Seems right on to me.

As an x-SanFranciscan am glad to here that the City's soft, juicy, nether part aka The Tenderloin has moved up to smelling like McD's 'n BO.

When I left about 15 yrs ago it smelled strong of Eau D'Toilette/Urine...

1805 is one of my favourite shaving cream scents from the several I've tried, so it just goes to show 'to each his own'.

Shawn

Top Bottom