What's new

132 Blades - Gillette Minora trolls the depths

It's been a while since the bottom dweller chart got a change, but this blade gave me the occasion to do that. If we look at my bottom dwellers, it is near the best of the awful. The shave was a well prepped wet beard and should have come off without a hitch, but it didn't. I originally gave it a 7 score for shave #3 but have revised that to a 0, I never should have finished the shave with it. The overall score was a 6.11, it ranks as second to worst, elevating the Diamond Pro Excel by one place. Looking at just the first 4 shaves, it is 3rd from the bottom. The blade's greatest transgression was blood (18 weepers in 3 shaves and much of that blood on the WTG pass), followed closely by a rapid decline in what little comfort it had and a critical hit to sharpness on shave #3.

1695957110239.png

In a recent post, I saw some words about Russian blades being pretty good. So far, my experience shows that some are indeed pretty good, some are very good and some just hang out in the depths scavenging whatever carcass fall may come their way.

I posted a while back in a thread that discussed how many shaves one gets from a blade. My average then was 4.2 shaves a blade. The updated number is 4.29 shaves per blade.

Last edited:
Which Minora is this?

I bought a card of the stainless ones (I think! I have to go check)

And I wasn't really impressed.

Which Minora is this?

I bought a card of the stainless ones (I think! I have to go check)

And I wasn't really impressed.
The platinum, the stainless review was posted today. It did much better, still not top 10, but it squeaked into the top 20, at least for now.

I have many hundreds (too many) of the Stainless Minoras as they were on super sale a couple years ago. They are good blades. Not great by any stretch but a good two shave blade.

Out of the 40+ different blades I own, they might be in the top 20.

The platinum, the stainless review was posted today. It did much better, still not top 10, but it squeaked into the top 20, at least for now.
I love the Minora Platinum, I find them middle of the road on the cut, but super smooth ..... I have yet to try the stainless

Last edited:
Top Bottom