What's new

1 of 3 brushes- but which?

The handle on the FS and Whipped dog are almost identical minus the fs on the FS brush. The third looks nicest but not even a top view of the knot.. WD has decent knots but ill say this..their silvertip is not near as dense as that FS extra density knot. Id suspect it is a virgina scheng density bulb silvertip. If it is it is better than the standard WD silvertip for sure. Id go FS. Also if i got a WD brush Id get the knot and handle sepearate and knot it myself. The last one i got the knot was set crooked. Drives me crazy everytime i look at it.

So expect all the new nice ideas...
So far WD is to prefer Nr 3 looks good and not a word about Nr 2. Probably a good knot?

I have 13 brushes including 3 Simpsons. I have bought as many as 8 FS brushes and kept 3 in my current small collection, IMO they are very hard to beat for the money. The most recent FS I bought for $20US because of defect (which I cannot see) its a 24m Manchurian Badger a very good brush.

Btw...just wanted to ask? Did you consider Muhle's STF ? They are good inexpensive brushes and very soft feeling on the skin.
Just an idea!

For me brstle density is very important. For others maybe not. I provides increased backbone and better lathering in my experience. I restore a lot of brushes. Any I am keeping personally get a high density bulb sivertip. That is just my opinion. Is it say $20 better? I dont know thats for the individual to decide but ill say this, 2 years down the road the second FS brush will be floppy..the first FS with the denser knot will still have nice backbone. If you use mostly creams the first may suit you fine. If you are a soap or even a cream or soap user the denser knot is much nicer, again all just my opinion-for m.e.

For me brstle density is very important. For others maybe not. I provides increased backbone and better lathering in my experience. I restore a lot of brushes. Any I am keeping personally get a high density bulb sivertip. That is just my opinion. Is it say $20 better? I dont know thats for the individual to decide but ill say this, 2 years down the road the second FS brush will be floppy..the first FS with the denser knot will still have nice backbone. If you use mostly creams the first may suit you fine. If you are a soap or even a cream or soap user the denser knot is much nicer, again all just my opinion-for m.e.

I'm a soap only guy. And a newbie so I'll take our advice and listen.

Thank you for all help.
I bought this brush a after considering all your thoughts and advice.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181294626049?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
T
proxy.php

Last edited:
Thats a beautiful brush. Much nicer handle and a superb knot. Set deep for reduced loft and increased backbone. As said above let us know how you make out with it. I have to admit im dealing with some brush envy at the moment.

Thats a beautiful brush. Much nicer handle and a superb knot. Set deep for reduced loft and increased backbone. As said above let us know how you make out with it. I have to admit im dealing with some brush envy at the moment.

Thank you for the help. There is two left at eBay and I haggled quite a bit.

Top Bottom