What's new

Wild Man Beard Conditioner

Pros: Scent selection, moisturizing properties
Cons: Comedogenic values of the base oils
I've been on a beard elixir/tonic/conditioner kick ever since I discovered Grizzly Brand Beard Tonic. I've been comparing everything to Grizzly and haven't found one I like as much. The Wild Rose collection comes close to the scent in Grizzly, but Wild Rose is a little more green.

The Wild Rose base oils are Grape seed and Vitamin E which both rate 2 or medium on the comedogenic (blocks pores) scales I've found. They do a good job at keeping the beardruff at bay but caused a couple break outs while I was using them.

The scents are very nice. Wild Rose has a better selection (4 as of right now) but the scents are very similar with the exception of Tundra.

Tundra has peppermint, peru balsam, and lemon. It starts off like peppermint gum but quickly turns into a sweet, clean scent with a touch of lemon. It pairs well with WM Neumann Absolute Zero, QSC Vostok, or Arko Iced mint SC.

Cove is my second favorite in the bunch. It's a very green scent with lime, tea tree, and sage. The lime hits you right away but the sage comes through pretty quickly. It would pair well with QSC Iced Key lime, Irisch Moos, or Penhaligon's English Fern.

Original is a close third. It has cedar, lime, lavender, and rosemary. It is a very green scent as well and would pair well with everything listed under the Cove.

Raven is close to the others but has a slight peppery scent to me. I like it but I'm having a difficult time pairing to with anything in my current inventory of SC. It has Ravensara aromatic oil, cypress, cedar, and vetiver.

All 4 are very green scents to me. They are great but lack enough of a difference to really stand out. I'll keep the set around to mix it up when I'm tired of Grizzly. The bottles are glass 0.5oz. The labels are well done and are oil/water resistant so they should last. Packaging was top notch and their shipping was lightning fast and they provided tracking.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)