What's new

Vulfix Turnback Super Badger Travel Brush

Pros: Indestructible. Dries in a jiff. Nice knot.
Cons: Some trade offs, but no flaws.
The Vulfix Turnback is hand made and very well done. It is a semi-floppy super badger that is not cheap at $59, but the quality is high. The density is about right for a travel brush, by that I mean it dries fairly quickly. The stiffness of the tips is adequate for Proraso and Cella soaps, and the softness of the tips makes this brush a treat to use with creams. The design is cleaver and reliable. It is indestructible. If lathering on the face I don't attach the handle. If a bowl or cup is handy I'll screw on the handle which makes it convenient for building lather. Speaking of latherability, this smaller brush holds a surprising amount of water. I use a Rooney 3/2 at home that is anything but floppy. This Vulfix is semi-floppy, but that is not bad. It does very well building and holding lather for 3 or 4 passes. This is the only travel brush I've owned. I used to tote a tube of cream and hand lather, but about a year ago I decided life is short. This little semi-floppy brush is funny and fun to use. (Ed. I have tried to change the negative recommendation to a positive one, but the edit doesn't take. For the record: I recommend this brush for those looking for a travel turnback built like a tank)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)