What's new

Vintage Blades Brand Triple-Milled Shaving Soap

Item Description

This soap is made for Vintage Blades by an unnamed manufacturer in England. I have been using Trumpers and this soap is perhaps a little better but over $5 less. It is available in a rather nice beach wood bowl, which looks better live than in the picture.

It only comes in lavender, but the scent is perfect; not over-whelming or weak. I had NO problem whipping up a GREAT lather. Using a Merkur slant, I got a wonderful shave. Here are the ingredients as published at Vintage Blades:

Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Stearic Acid, Parfum, Paraffinum Liquidum, , Isopropyl Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, CI77891.

Recommended. :thumbup:

Postscript: See this link for more info on this soap.

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9129

Latest reviews

Pros: Unrivalled
Cons: None
I can only say that the only thing I don’t like about the Vintage Blades Tripled Milled Soap (VBTMS) is that is has ruined my taste for the many other soaps out there. I have been wet shaving for many years now and have spent several years trying and comparing top brand soaps to always finding myself reaching for VBTMS. This soap in my opinion is tops to the likes of (Mitchell’s WF my 2nd favorite), DR Harris, Edwin Jagger, Musgo Real, Cella, Cella Cepone, Geo Trumpers, Proraso, (old Proraso cream was my number one, that’s why I bought the last 5 tubes from the Italian Barber). I found most of these soaps to be very drying and irritating to the skin between passes.
I believe VBTMS has what every wet shaver is looking for; Super lather, great mild scent of coconut, and fantastic moisturizing. Does not dry, itch or burn like many others do during 3 or 4 pass application. Leaves a nice bed of slick moisturizing cream for the finest of blades to remove your stubble.
Here is what to do. go to www.vintagelades.com and purchase a puck of VBTMS (while on sale for $ 6.00 and order a nice aluminum tin ($3.00) Steal your wife’s cheese grater and mill to the finest and pack that tin! Now you have it for travel also. Place hot water in tin then take a shower. Then Whip up some Super Lather and enjoy! I use either my Edwin Jagger DE89L or Merkur 34 HD with either a Derby or Israeli Personna blade and let me tell you, what a shave it is. Finish up with an Alum block and A nice coat of D.R. Harris Unscented Shave Milk. All this fun for under $ 10.00 Wow!

Have a great shave of a day. See ya!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I don't know why this soap doesn't get more talk. I started out using soaps (I've used D.R. Harris, Mitchell's Woolfat, Mama Bear's...), but had switched to Porasso cream for the summer. I was disappointed at how fast the cream was going (I found it impossible to squeeze out a small amount), so I switched back to soap. I usually rotate two, so I gave Vintageblades a shot since they tend to be my favorite vendor and got a puck of Trumper's violet at the same time. On every measure (ease and quality of lather) Vintageblades won hands down. I would easily put it in a leage with Cella or Mitchell's, and definately above most other triple milled soaps. I gave the sent a 7 because while pleasant, I can barely discern it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Is this a re-branded T&H Luxury Soap? It seems identical to me. Anyone know?

Item information

Added by
dreadpirate
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.25 star(s) 4 ratings

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

Top Bottom