What's new

Trumper rose soap

D
I'm also a little surprised not more have commented on Trumper's Rose.

In my opinion it is king of the Trumper's range and by far the best Rose soap. It's the first soap I've tried and there is a little background to this: I have stupidly sensitive skin. Too many years of using canned goo has made my face look like worn-out tarmac on a road, so I was reluctant to use a shaving soap for some time.

The soap's lather is very rich and creamy after about 6-8 swirls. As with any soap, you need to get the water quantity right. Start with a little, then add more as it's better to have to add water than to have to remove it afterwards.

The scent is just heaven. Others at home have commented on how far the scent goes, whilst I'm shaving with it. It's not overpowering, just delicate and floral.

On numerous occasions after shaving, I would rinse my face with warms then cool water. My face would feel so good that I didn't want to add anything to it. And given how sensitive my skin is (was), I think this is quite an achievement for any soap.

I should add that it goes perfectly well with the Coral Skin Food product.

Finally, a quick word on price. I got it with the wooden bowl and whilst I agree it seems expensive as a one-off purchase, consider how long this will last you. I am on my first cake and it's still not even half the original size two years' on!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Can't believe there are only two reviews for this product. One of the only Trumper's products that really impressed me.

Price for me was an 8, I certainly feel it's worth the money (for the refill). The scent is great. Classic, gentlemen's single-note rose scent. The perfect compliment is Penhaligon's Elisabethan Rose cologne.

The lather is better than other Trumper's products I've tried. I can get just as thick and rich a lather with this as I can Tabac, nearly.

Not much else can be said about efficacy. This soap performs exceedingly well. Close cutting, but protecting at the same time. This one also leaves my skin feeling very nice after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is it: the glorious Trumper rose soap. A couple of years ago I purchased and used this product without really knowing much about wetshaving with soap and brush. After numerous lather experiments with cheaper soaps and a lot of reading on B&B I've recently managed to use it with great succes. It truly is a fantastic soap:

PRICE: OK, really expensive but definitely long lasting. For me it's a matter of indulging in luxury a few times a week. I even could imagine making this an exclusive 'sunday soap', which of course would make it a better deal.

QUALITY: what is there left to say? Who could not like the oldfashioned and time tested quality of this fine English brand?

SCENT: For me this is a lovely rose scent: not too strong nor sweet, very subtle. I like this better than the cream version which IMO smells a bit artificial.

LATHER: In the old days I only got big bubbles and a thin, wet lather which gave me a horrible shave. Now I get tremendous amounts of rich creamy lather that doesn't dry out. The difference is softening up the puck of soap with hot water, working it long enough with the brush and finally swirling it some more in a bowl. I find you don't need a lot of product to get lots of beautiful lather.

EFFICACY: a close and clean shave, every time. No irritation at all.

MOISTURIZING: Not bad for a soap. Definitely not drying, but perhaps somewhat of a neutral effect. A light balm afterwards works just fine for me.
Top Bottom