What's new

Truefitt & Hill Spanish Leather

Item Description

I received a sample pack of various colognes from Truefitt & Hill. I already own and enjoy Trafalgar shaving cream, and the matching cologne is just as enjoyable. I also tried the sample of 1805 which -- while I didn't like it as much as Trafalgar - is a nice upscale masculine scent.
After reading several glowing comments in the forum about Spanish Leather, I tried it.
It was terrible! After about an hour, I had to wash it off with soap and water and wiped my face with alcohol to get rid of the scent.
Let me explain.
This is undoubtedly a high quality scent and I'm sure many people like it. But to me it was not at all "manly". It reminded me much more of a woman's perfume, and did not have the masculine essence I would have expected from a cologne described as having "top notes of confidence and nostalgia, this aroma is for a man’s man. Think John Wayne. Except he’s not riding a horse. He’s riding 400 of them in his cherry red Ferrari."

I'm very much of a beginner with colognes and aftershaves, so I can't describe in detail the top, middle and base notes of the fragrance, all I can say is I didn't like it and that it was not my idea of masculine at all.

Because this was from a sample pack, I felt it was not fair for me to rate the product on Price, Packaging or Quality of Atomizer, although I'm sure they are all of T&H's usual standards.

Latest reviews

I was on the hunt for a new cologne and I was not content to go either cheap and cheerful or follow the herd and grab a department store brand. In the end, I finally shopped by the Toronto Truefitt and Hill location in the Scotia Tower.

After trying out a few scents (they were out of stock of Trafalgar) on the recommendation of the woman working there I tried out Spanish Leather. I like this scent a lot and I disagree, it's not feminine at all.

You should use very sparingly (and I do) otherwise T&H Spanish Leather could very easily be overpowering and it has staying power over the course of the day.

I'll probably pick up the Trafalgar at a later date but Spanish Leather has a home in my small rotation.:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I got a sampler of this a few months ago and finally went the whole hog. I can't agree this smells feminine - for that you need to go to any dept store men's fragrance section and test just about anything on sale.

This is a very nice warm, musky, woody, leathery and slighty sweet scent. There is a touch of the floral about it, but I find Tabac EDC far more floral, and is as floral as I'll go.

I really like lighter, more citrus scents like Speick, but contrary to other opinions here, I don't find T&H cloying. It has enough potency to let the wearer know its there, without gassing anyone in the vicinity.

My wife likes it and I get compliments from other ladies when wearing it. Can you ask for more than that?
This overpriced stuff smells horrible! My girlfriend says it smells like "old lady perfume". Way to overpowering and not a sweet smell at all. Instead of Spanish Leather, it smells like a BURNT leather. Definitely NOT for the young at heart......or the old.

As with most T&H cologne, it is way alcoholed down so the scent fades quickly. You're lucky if it can be smelled an hour later.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
langod
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom