What's new

Treet Dura Sharp Double Edge Razor Blades

Pros: Well priced
Cons: Poor performance
Thought I'd give these a try, just to see what a carbon steel blade would be like.Day one gave me a nice shave, smooth, reasonably close and no irritation.Day two, lots of tugging, to the point that I considered changing the blade mid shave. I had to go over and over the same area to get it as smooth as I got it the day before.I noticed some razor burn and irritation, probably due to the extra passes required. I don't know if it was the carbon steel, or the angle of the grinding that caused the problem, or maybe user error.Overall a pretty disappointing experience, I certainly won't bother with the remaining blades, nor will I buy anymore. Good luck to those who are happy with these blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
This was a surprising blade. I noticed the OP says don't waste your money. As cheap as these blades are you can't possibly waste money buying these blades. I got BBS with my normal 3 pass routine. The blade performed flawlessly and was extremely comfortable. I use SI's, Feathers, Crystals, Sharks, Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge(Yellows) and this Treet DuraEdge in the yellow and white striped box with red lettering performed as well as any of the other blades listed. They may only last for 2 or 3 shaves but WHO CARES! They are cheap enought to toss after a single shave. I just placed an order for 1000 of them. Very impressed and pleased.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I hadn't used or even considered these blades until I was given a few along with some others. They are very inexpensive and lasted me about 6 or 7 very good shaves before the edge started to give out. I was so impressed that I bought a few hundred. I realize these blades receive mixed reviews, and I have no idea why. I have no complaints against the Treet Dura Sharp blades, and I have recommended them to others. At the price and easy availability, I consider them to be a very good value.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
D
Love 'em or hate 'em should be the slogan for these blades. I don't get on well with carbon steel DE blades so I find them dull and they don't last. Even with the coating, I had one starting to rust in my razor after day 1 and I don't know how that's even possible. Before committing to a large purchase it would be prudent to try to procure a five pack or less to test them out on your face and beard.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I get a fairly smooth and close shave out of these blades. Price is good, about 12 usd per 100. Like them, but the Silver Edge are better for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
someone threw in a free sample of this razor, and afetr one shave I was done! Just a terrible all around blade!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
i have to say that out of all the blades i have used if i was to take in the cost of the blade with the quality of shave this would be the only blade i would use. the only reason it isnt i have stocked up on other brands that i liked but these are just are so smooth and give me such a good enjoyable shave.

only blade i have used that i havent had any weepers. only draw back they just arent sharp enough for my head shaves. but smooth all the same.:thumbup:

randy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
When i first tried those blade my expectation were quite low, but i was wrong,
it turn out to be the best blade i tried so far.
They are not as sharp as Feather but way more forgiving and less irritating.
I tried it in a Tech and it worded very well, so i imagine in a more aggressive razor it's perfect.
There was no pulling when i shaved whit it, no irritation at the end and no razor burn.
I really recomend that blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
These are my new favorite blades. For me, they are the smoothest blades I've tried to date. Feathers are sharper, but I pay for the sharpness. With these, they cut just fine and are sooooo smooth. I've heard that carbon steel blades aren't for everyone, but for my tough hair and sensitive skin these are perfect. Of course, YMMV. I use them in a slim at 8 and get very nice shaves.

I haven't noticed ANY rust on them, but I haven't tried pushing them beyond three shaves. They can be had on ebay for $14 for a 100, so I'd say it doesn't matter too much.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
There are several things about this blade that I think scares folks off and shouldn't:

1. They are carbon steel and not stainless, well thats a good thing. Carbon is Sharper, and if you're afraid they will rust because of this don't be. I have never had one rust and I never take them out between shaves.
2. They are Made in Pakistan, who cares ! If they shave good I don't care if they come from Mars.
3. They are Cheaply Priced, and The negative is ????

All I can say to sum up is just give em' a go, you will be pleased.:001_smile
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I have tried 2 of these blades. I could get a better shave rubbing sandpaper on my face. The best thing about them is the packaging makes it easy to throw them away. Absolute crap, don't waste your money.

Price (0) - Garbage is garbage, so what if it is cheap
Quality (1) - 2 passes a blade, oh boy
Sharpness (0) - What, these things are sharpened?
Longevity (0) - Doesn't even last one shave
Smoothness (0) - Not smooth at all, I would use this for torture
Packaging (2) - All paper so you don't feel bad about tossing the whole lot
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
This is the same blade as the Treet Blue Special, except with PTFE coating all over instead of the gunmetal blue coating on the table but not the edge.

I get one more shave out of these than the Blue Special, 4-5 vs. 3-4 with the Blue Special. This is about average longevity for me, the extremes being the Shark and the Super Iridium with 8 and 7 shaves respectively.

The only blades that are smoother for me are the Shark and an NOS Wilkinson UK, which can't be considered for daily use.

Packaging is simple, double-wrapped with no glue spots in a cardboard carton of 10, very recyclable and biodgradable.

Sharpness is in the medium range, not in the top echelon like a Super Iridium, 7o'clock yellow, or the NOS Wilkinson UK. I can go through 5 shaves and get barely a hint of a weeper or two, something that can't be said for the Russian blades.

Considering the price/performance ratio, it rates at the top in value.

As for the dullness mentioned above, it is not clear whether that is referring to feel when touching the edge with one's finger, or the appearance of the blade. Touching the edge with one's finger is not recommended.

If the dullness refers to appearance, that is because this blade is carbon steel, not stainless. The chromium in stainless steel makes it apear less dull.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
When handling this blade in your fingers there is a noticeable dullness to the blade. By the time you hit the third pass there is distinct degradation of the shave.
I basically change the remaining blades I have everyday and only do 2 passes.

View attachment 62231
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave