What's new

The illustrious Trumper Skinfood (Coral)

I got a small sample of this from Scott a few weeks ago. I didn't care much for the scent at first but the more I use it, the more it's grown on me. As already said, a little goes a long way and a total of four drops takes care of my face and throat area nicely, because of that I really think the price is pretty good.

There may well be better AS conditioners out there but I find this at least as good if not better than L'Occitane's CADE balm when it comes to soothing razor burn and I like the scent much better - and it lasts longer.

I've still got a good bit of my sample left but immediately after using it for this morning's shave I jumped online and ordered a 200ml bottle. Now all I need is a suitable cologne to compliment it with. I see me using this for many years to come. :thumbup1:
Jack
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I just started using the CSF this past week and today I got a great compliment on my skin. While at lunch my wife noticed that my complexion was much better. I attribute it to the addition of this to my daily routine. I must say that I also spritz with Rose Hydrosol before I apply the CSF, but have been doing that for months because I like the scent and it is refreshing.

I really LOVE this stuff...it's slicker than spit and a little goes a long way. The best thing is that the fragrance will stay with you for at least an hour, and THAT makes my morning commute easier.

It is on the pricey side, but I think it's worth it.
I think the quality is unsurpassed.
For me it's the razor burn cooler of choice...better than two slices of cucumber.
Theres no cooling effect persay because it goes on completly neutral.
The scent, efficacy, moisturizing, and after burn are extraordinary for a product of this type, and for me it is definitely here to stay.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
A decent product but not the best available. Harris Milk and Hydrolast balms are far better.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I think I paid $22 for this, which seems like a lot for a little bottle of aftershave, but in the long run, I think it is much less expensive to use than many of the "bargains". Only two or three drops are needed, and a bottle lasts a very long time. The scent won't cause any loss of sleep at Penhaligon's, but it smells much better than most a/s's that I've tried. It smells nice, goes on easily, isn't greasy, soaks in and dries quickly, and feels great. What's not to like? Nothing outstanding in any particular way, but a nicley balanced combination of virtues that just plain works.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Yep, I hate rose scents. They do nothing for me. Yet I love this stuff. I requested a sample of the Lime Skin Food, specifically including instructions that I did not want the Coral Skin Food. They sent it anyway, so I figured...so many people like it, I'll give it a go. Great stuff. Pricey, but a little bit goes a long way. Long term, it's not everly expensive. Short term, I'm living for today and enjoying this every time I use it.

Randy
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Well well well.... this is it... the mighty "Coral Trumper Skinfood." This stuff will always have a special place in my heart - as it was my first trumper product, and my first high end aftershave. Compared to Nivea and other *** products I had been using - I was in heaven. After having tried so many aftershaves however, it has very much been knocked off of its pedistal. It does a medeocre job of soothing the skin and such - but does a wonderful job "sealing" the skin, thus is a superb aftershave for summer use. I rarely use skinfood - however when I do it is always on a warm day, with a matching rose shaving cream. (Coral skinfood is "rose" scented)

See consistency below...
displayimage.php

Bottom line.... decent stuff - but unless you just really just want to try it - I wouldn't recommend purchasing it.
Top Bottom