What's new

Taylor's Rose

In a word, "nice." This is good stuff and likely to be one of my personal favorites.

Like others here, I was turned off to the idea of using rose-scented anything. What initially changed my mind was receiving the Trumper's sampler of Coral Skin Food, which has very light and pleasant natural rose scent without being perfume-like. Taylor's Rose shave cream echoes this scent exactly and is a perfect companion product even though they are from different makers.

Great latherability -- it's made me appreciate the capabilities of my new Shavemac.

This cream gives a close shave with just the right consistency to its lather. It also seems more moisturizing than other 3T products I've tried, but not overly so, so it's very kind to your skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I really enjoy this cream a lot. The scent is just that, roses! It's a very refreshing scent, and I tend to have more of an appreciation for this cream in the spring and summer. Latherability is great! Lathers very well and in a short amount of time. I highly recommend this cream, and will repurchase when my current tub ends.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Opening up a tub of this and smelling the scent is like smelling a bunch of red roses. It lathers great. I did not find it as moisturising as St James though. Overall a wonderful cream and will always be in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I also love the stuff. Performs much better than it should for the price. I recently tried GFT's Violett cream which is more than twice as expensive as the TOBS Rose. The rose blows the trumpers away..no comparison. The Trumpers lathered up exceptionally, but that's where it all ended for the Trumpers..TOBS rose is one of the best values in a shaving cream, in my book, anyway.

Steve
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
What else needs to be said? The best of the best. Try making superlather with this and Trumper's Rose soap. :001_wub: :001_wub:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Other than FREE this is an excellently scented (I might even suggest it be LOVELY) shaving cream. It is one of the mainstays of my rotation. Heck, my wife even uses it on her legs and such. I like most Taylors shave creams for their scents, price, latherability, efficacy and most importantly scents...oh, I already said that.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Not much I can say that hasn't already been mentioned. One word of caution about this scent, it is rather strong when you first open the tub. But the rose smell is very subtle and soothing once worked into a nice lather. It almost smells kind of like antique-ish if you will, but not in a parfume kind of way more like a musky/rosey mens aftershave sort of way.
Like all of the other Taylor shave creams, lack of moisture and cream stability are almost nonexistant making it a very quality product. Even if you don't like the flowery smelling shave creams, this is definately one to try.
I agree with most of the above comments.

Two key points:

This is an especially good latherer. Abundant, easily built, luxurious lather.

And--a very moisturizing cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Love it!

My favorite shave prep period. I'll just echo what nearly everyone else here has said: Near perfect lather, superior moisturizing and heavenly scent.

I've gone through full supplies of all the Taylor florals (except Sandalwood) and samples of the cologne scents (except Mr. Taylors) and this is best of the Taylor line in both scent and performance.

I used Proraso and Williams forever before I took the 'high end' leap a few years ago. To be blunt, Rose is the only cream or soap I have replaced out of the two dozen or so up market ones I've tried.

It honestly does not get any better. This simply is my cream!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Of all the 3T's, TOBS is my go to purveyor.

I haven't tried all the TOBS Creams yet but all of them that I have tried have been superb.

The Rose explodes after a minor 4 banger "whupping" with the SR 3118. A tiny amount goes a long way so a tub of TOBS should last a long long time.

SWMBO also loves whipping up the TOBS Rose (& Lavender & Avocado) into a
lovely Badger Batter to apply to her perfectly shaped Gams 'n other bristly parts for a shower shave.

Even with SWMBO dipping the silvertips into the TOBS tubs these creams last a long time, create a lovely luxurious lubricating lather & smell good to boot.

TOBS Rose, Lavender & Avocado will always be staple items in our master bath & in regular rotation.

The price of true luxury doesn't have to be high. The proof of it is in the TOBS
tubs.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
just wanted to chime in

this stuff is wonderful after one can get past the "i'm buying rose shaving cream" :001_huh:

what i'm mainly looking for in a shaving cream is one that i can create a good lather with and live w/the scent - this certainly fits the bill - if proraso is at one end of the lather scale, this certainly is at the other

i have no idea what efficacy refers to even after looking it up :blushing:

and as for moisturing effect - i have no idea as after shaving i use an alum block followed by a hydrolast as which takes care of any moisturing needs i may have

this is my go to cream in my short-lived wet shaving experience

ltd

glta
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is my first luxury shaving cream, together with "Shaving Shop". I just received the package. When I first opened the jar, the scent seemed faint and a bit artificial.
I grabbed my moist brush, I dipped the very tip in the jar (given the price, I like to be on the economy side) and worked some five seconds in the mixing bowl. Even with my hard water, the result was amazing: the bowl filled immediately with some hard and dense lather. When I put the thing to my face, I had to add more water, so thick was the lather.
I don't know how this can be, but once on the skin, the scent becomes really good. I couldn't help making a big smile.
The lather cushions well, so the shave was very smooth. I usually only do one pass plus touch-ups, but the lather could have lasted for three and more.
After the shave, a good surprise. Even after the aftershave fainted away, the scent from the cream returned and stayed a couple of hours. I still needed that aftershave, though, but since I need it with every cream, that hardly matters.

I was a bit disappointed with the very liquid texture – I hope the jar will never fall into the sink! – and I wonder how long the cream will last.
I like that hard plastic jar and its tight lid.
The thing is good, but expensive, so the price is a 6.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: It may not be the cheapest of the creams out there, but it is still when of best values there are. It is even cheaper as a can of goo, I think, as it lasts more than the several cans of the average, Gillette, edge, etc product.

Quality. Great, great, great. I have other products of very good creams and soaps, and yet this cream provides a better overall shave once you figure out the water/cream ratio

Scent. Rose scents may not be for everyone. But regardless of personal tastes, the smell is very discrete and yet distinctive and natural. Some people like Mama Bear’s scents, but I find them to be a little agresive for my nose.

Latherability. Great if you know how to work it. In my opinion it is easier to lather soaps than creams for a newbie. But after a few shaves and with a good brush, this cream will lather faster than the best soaps.

Efficacy. A+.

Moisturizing Properties. I don’t know… good. I don’t care much about this particular characteristic. If I had problems I’d use an after shave balm.

Packaging. Looks cheap. Traditional. Natural. I like it a lot.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I am loving this cream. This is as i've said before the first of the 3 T's i've used and the first flower scented. Amazing. Gave it a 9 for Quality couse i don't have anything similar to compare with. I really don't mind the packaging of it at all. It does a magnificent job of what it's made to do and that's all i need. Added glamour only highers the price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got a tube in a trade and was wondering about it. It's pretty good stuff but I've had better.

The rose scent is something I'm still getting used to but it's not bad. (I kinda like it but like I said I'm still getting used to it)

It does lather like a champ. Nothing I have lathers THAT easily.

It didn't quite protect my skin like some other products that I have.

It's quite moisterizing but I've seen better (a LOT better). Still it's not at the bottom of the stack.

The packaging is simply pitifull. The plastic tubeis ugly as hell and feels cheap in my hands. It's just white with a small pink print and I think they could've put a little more effort into it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Great cream. I was apprehensive about Rose anything for a shaving product. Thought it would be feminine. I was so wrong. Scent is very nice and what a great thick lather and shave.. This and the Avocado could be the only two creams in the world for my taste. Great scent, great lather, great shave!

edit: my default score for packaging for all products like this is a 10. Cheap plastic and label + good product = good value in my book.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Now i understand why so many guys rave about this cream!!!

I can't fault it....Reasonable price great scent and goes on (and off) like a dream.

Always come away after using this cream with a big grin on my face and a feeling of having just "treated" myself.

A definate addition to everyones rotation.....one of the best on the market.

The hard bit is trying to get through them all!!!:eek:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Have the old. Don't want the new. One of the best combinations of scent and performance I have tried.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I LOVE this stuff. I love rose scents, my only problem with this one is I wish it was stronger. It has wonderful moisturizing properties and the quality is fantastic. It is one of the densest cream I've ever seen and it lather's like a dream. I don't read to much about this cream, but it's one of the best.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is one great shaving cream. Very moisturizing, lathers great and has an excellent scent. Highly recommended.

Rafael
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability