What's new

Tabac Cologne....

Item Description

displayimage.php

First... I need to address the sheer enormity of this product. Please refer to the images below.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

That is a $25 300ML bottle of Tabac cologne next to a $50+ 50ML bottle of GFT. Talk about WOW.

Ok - so tabac is in my opinion just a superior version to a Trumper/T&H Spanish Leather. I really enjoy the leathery/manly scent of this cologne - and it is a 10% DEAD ringer for the soap - so if you are a fan of the soap, it is a perfect pairing. This cologne has good staying power, and an excellent splash top (see below)
displayimage.php

For the money.... it may possibly be the best cologne buy out there (if you enjoy the scent.) It comes in a nice box, presented in a gorgeous glass bottle, matching the colors of the Tabac shaving soap (they look great side by side.) This is a really nice "daily wear" scent - and truth be told - I think I could live off of Tabac shave soap, and this cologne exclusively. They both are simply outstanding.

I picked up my bottle at QED USA

IF YOU HAVE NOT TRIED THIS PRODUCT, AND ARE NOT REVIEWING IT - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD... INSTEAD USE THIS DISCUSSION TOPIC ON THE FORUM.

Thanks!

Latest reviews

Pros: Strong
Cons: Granny, Lavendar "top note".
I'm sorry; but add me to the haters. I expected some great manly scent, and I can only suggest you do what I did. Find it, and try some on; before you buy it.
Granny, old lady, lavendar top note kills this complex scent, for me. A cheap smell, to me. Comparitively, my Obsession balm, is the bomb. Maybe that's my issue with Tabac smell. I think we can get the good shave performace (in Tabac soaps) from MWF, Cella, or even Van Der Hagen "Deluxe", if you work it up dryer, for one minute.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Nothing
Cons: noxious stench!
This is the most disgusting smelling cologne I haver ever been exposed to. The only way I can describe the smell is: A mix of moth balls and a stale potpourri of mostly roses. I saw on another board somebody described it as smelling like a dingy old thrift store or a 5 and Dime - this I would agree with too (you know mothballs and and potpourri are always at such). Yuck!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I used to worry about putting this one on. I thought is smelled VERY STRONG. But the ladies at work have shown me the light....:tongue_sm

Item information

Added by
Unregistered
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...
Top Bottom