What's new

Speick Shave Stick

Hey, it's Speick. It has to be good.

Love the scent, the way it lathers, the way it shaves, everything. Price is a little high for a little piece of soap - $5.35 plus shipping for 1.7oz. But still good stuff.

Highly recommended. i wish they would put this in a tub.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
At $5-$7 usd this soap is a great bargain!

I find that its easy to use, and builds a thick, rich lather in no time. Contrary to some other reviews, I find the scent very mild, practically non-existent by the time you've built up your lather.

It seems to me to retain a fair amount of moisture, and doesn't dry out easily on my face, though like most soaps, it will dry if you are taking an exceptionally long time with your pass.

I do find that I get a fair bit more nicks/weepers than when using a higher-end cream like Acqua di Parma or Penhaligon's endymion, but those are both much more expensive products.

I've had several great shaves with the speick stick, and foresee many more in the future.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
A great tallow based shave stick. A good value, with great performance. You have to like the Speick scent or look elsewhere.
I've just tried this for the first time... where does all that lather come from?!

This is a very very good product!
I bought a stick of this stuff while trying to put together a DE travel kit. I didn't know much about the brand (still don't know where it is manufactured). I was very pleased with the quality of the soap stick. It is pretty hard so it should be long-lasting. The lather is great (I smear it on my wet face and then bush it in) and it does a very nice job helping the blade glide. In addition, I really like the scent, soapy and clean. It is worth giving it try.
I purchased this stick when I fell in love with Tabac and went on a tear buying tallow-based soaps all over the place.

The price is around seven USD, a real bargain considering the life this hard stick provides.

Quality is great, this stick is tallow based which puts it head and shoulders above most soaps imo (yes, I'm a bit of a tallow snob).

The scent is a nice, clean, barbershop type. I'm not that familiar with other Speick products but understand that's the Speick scent in a nutshell.

Lather is excellent, what one would expect from a tallow soap. Thick, slick, nice cushion. I face lather with the B&B Essential brush. I get great results.

Efficacy highly rated. The soap does what it should do: lathers up, smells nice, lasts long, and has a nice little plastic grip at the end.

Moisturizing: maybe not as good as some of the prime players, but comes in at nearly half the price of, say, the Valobra stick.

A fine shave stick.

Review discussion thread here.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)