What's new

Shavemac Silvertip - 26mm

Pre-Bloom
displayimage.php

Post-Bloom
displayimage.php

Fully Lathered
displayimage.php

Price - I purchased this Shavemac right after the price-hike (I snoozed so I lost). That being said, I fully believe that it was worth every penny. I paid less for this brush than I did for my Vulfix #41, so while it wasn't cheap, you can't really call it an expensive brush either.

Density - From my experience, this is a very densely packed brush.

Stiffness/Softness of Tips - Until you've experienced a brush that has both stiffness and softness, it is a difficult concept to grasp. I certainly don't know how to any better explain the phenomenon, but this brush exhibits it. It grabs up hard soap very well, yet is very soft on the face.

Ergonomic - I really like the handle shape and the balance of this brush. It's like putting power steering on a car (for those of you who have driven one without it, you know what I mean).

Latherability - Superb! This baby churns out more foam than a pack of hydrophobic dogs (minus the dog-breath smell).

Quality - Bernd makes a very fine product and from all I've been told, stands behind them 100%. This brush has lost a grand total of one hair and has retained it's shape beautifully. From the moment I laid eyes and hands on it, I knew that I had purchased a high quality implement that would last me for many years.

Overall - Before ever making a wet shaving purchase, after spending many hours shamelessly lurking this board, I had developed a mental image of what a high quality brush was. This Shavemac is exactly the brush that I imagined. Of every shaving purchase that I have made, this one ties with the Merkur HD for absolute best! I will, undoubtedly, purchase another (and another and another) Shavemac brush. I love this brush and I thank the badger that died for it.

***I've recently been informed that no badger was killed in the making of this brush, only sheared. So, I'm glad you didn't have to die, Mr. Badger, and thank you for your hairs (I can send you some of my whiskers in trade).:biggrin:

To discuss this brush, see this thread.
Top Bottom