What's new

QED Patchouli/TeaTree/Peppermint Shave Stick

Item Description

I ordered the Patchouli/TeaTree/Peppermint shave stick while placing my QED order after seeing many favorable comments about the scent here on B&B. Well, I couldn't be happier. Included in my box (which contained several sticks and some other goodies) was a bag of informational pages containing executive summaries about the products that I purchased. This is a very clever idea! Its nice to have have this as a point of reference, but moreover it shows that Charles has really put a lot of time, thought, and work into these soaps. He uses them himself after all! The truth is, I could write a short novel praising the high level of service and response that I received from Charles, but I'll stay on target:

Price - Attractive. I can see myself eventually having one of each scent.

Quality - Top Notch. The ingredients are simple, natural, and effective

Scent - Incredible! I enjoy variety, and this surely stands out. Its an ingenious combination of e.o.'s that together create an earthy, clean, masculine scent. No one e.o. was dominant, this is quite a masterful blend. In addition, it lasts...I can still catch a waft of it 8hrs later.

Lather - I rubbed the stick on moistened face (as described on the stick and the executive summary sheet) and then used the brush to create a thick, luxurious lather....in short order

Efficacy - 100% effective. Did its job, with flying colors.

Moisturizing - Contains glycerin and aloe vera, this definitely shows. I could go without an aftershave using this stick.

Latest reviews

Well this was an interesting experience for me... Let me preface by saying... it is really amazing how the mind will associate different smells to different events in your past- which will impact how you will feel about the scents... But first...

Price: 7.50 for a stick- very nice!

Quality: Typical QED/Charles offering- couldn't be happier!

Lather: Rubbed over my beard- whirled around my brush... presto chango simple easy lather... Its interesting- the lather (atleast on my face) does not feel very dense... almost "light"- but man does it work wonders!!!

Efficacy: On my mug- nothing tops QED- period

Moisturizing: I always get BBS smooth- but on rare occasions my girlfriend will say something like...my god your face feels amazing!!! She did (and always does when I use QED)...12 hours after I shaved!

So...the scent... I got the stick yesterday and opened it, and both my girlfriend and I both smelled it together... This was the conversation that followed:

GF: Well...that's curious- you know what this smells reminds me of?
me: India.. It smells like the luggage people come back with from a trip to India when you put the bags in the car... Or... monks at Palitana (a temple in India)...
GF: Exactly! It smells just like luggage brought back from India!

(BTW- We are both first generation Indian/Americans and our parents immigrated from India) For anyone that is not familiar with this smell- it is not a bad smell at all- I'm sure most people would say: Woah- that's a curious earthy powerful clean smell... I love it! But for me... I'm already familiar with it... and just have grown not to love that smell over the years because I associate it with the Mumbai airport and the 2 hour walk up a mountain to get to Palitana...

I'm keeping this stick because it gives me a great shave- but every time I use it I won't be surprised if my Indian family/friends have sort of weird looks on their faces and ask if I just came back from Indian.

Discuss here
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I ordered the Patchouli/TeaTree/Peppermint shave stick while placing my QED order after seeing many favorable comments about the scent here on B&B. Well, I couldn't be happier. Included in my box (which contained several sticks and some other goodies) was a bag of informational pages containing executive summaries about the products that I purchased. This is a very clever idea! Its nice to have have this as a point of reference, but moreover it shows that Charles has really put a lot of time, thought, and work into these soaps. He uses them himself after all! The truth is, I could write a short novel praising the high level of service and response that I received from Charles, but I'll stay on target:

Price - Attractive. I can see myself eventually having one of each scent.

Quality - Top Notch. The ingredients are simple, natural, and effective

Scent - Incredible! I enjoy variety, and this surely stands out. Its an ingenious combination of e.o.'s that together create an earthy, clean, masculine scent. No one e.o. was dominant, this is quite a masterful blend. In addition, it lasts...I can still catch a waft of it 8hrs later.

Lather - I rubbed the stick on moistened face (as described on the stick and the executive summary sheet) and then used the brush to create a thick, luxurious lather....in short order

Efficacy - 100% effective. Did its job, with flying colors.

Moisturizing - Contains glycerin and aloe vera, this definitely shows. I could go without an aftershave using this stick.

Item information

Added by
TraderJoe
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from TraderJoe

Top Bottom