What's new

Proraso White

A very good, basic soap for sensitive sking. Very slight fragrance. Good lather, good lubrication. No big whoop, just a solid, basic soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This one gets my vote for best value in soap. For me, it is also one of the best lathering soaps. I have no dryness problems using it. A pinch of Proraso cream with this soap makes a great super-lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
When I want a great, quick lather that gets the job every time, I grab this stuff. I pick this up at the local market for $5 so it's a great value to me. I love the way the menthol creeps up at you in this stuff! This will ALWAYS be in my rotation!
Price: About $9 for a tub. A very solid value, though as a softer soap (vs. the triple-milled) it will have a shorter life.

Quality: What can you say? It's Proraso...at the price point, the quality is stellar, and nearly unrivaled.

Scent: Mixed reviews from others on this property, however, I love it. I can't properly describe it, but to me it's clean and pleasant.

Lather: Solid performer...but definitely thirsty. I find that I need to add a good deal of water to get it away from a drier consistency.

Efficacy: If I get the lather right (see above regarding thirst) it glides amazingly well and protects with the best of them.

Moisturizing: Good ingredient list includes aloe...doesn't dry me out at all.

Overall: 9. I will not be without this one in my collection, and will be adding the green tub shortly. The reputation of Proraso (solid) is well deserved. You won't regret this purchase.
Great proraso scent (not as strong as green tube), best lathering soap I have, dries skin a bit, but I am used to creams for the most part.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
I have - or like many guys here on B&B thought I had - sensitive skin. Turns out that I was just abusing my face with a disposable razor:blushing:

The Proraso White was the second soap I bought when I started DE shaving a while back.

The soap looks and feels more like a very heavy, thick shaving cream.

It's easy to load a brush with the soap, and the lather is pretty good. It seems it needs a slightly different technique from a triple milled soap, a glycerine soap or a cream like Trumpers.

I am still on the learning curve with this one...

I have yet to try the regular Proraso, as I don't like a strong menthol / eucalyptus scent. The Proraso White has a mild, green kind of smell, that is a bit odd out of the jar, but after the shave the scent seems to change a bit, and I really like it.

As for value, its not great - $10 for a tub (canada) but it's a soap I'll keep using.

Barry
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing